cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup & Performance

Discussions

Poor services

Up to Saturday was fine since then I am constantly getting slow internet, tv keeps freezing pixelating, caching and saying no signal. We are restarting router and NowTV boxes daily. Think it must have taken more than half hour to get this wrtten!! A ...

Slow speeds and dropping signal

We are having a lot of issues with our broadband. We have the hub 2 and the signal is extremely poor. We have a smart tv upstairs that struggles to connect to it and until tonight has been working fine but now it’s not connecting at all.When I spoke ...

Weak signal

Hi can I have the steps on how to change the channel on the wifi box as it is very week I get full bars but I only have to walk 6ft away and loose it completely

No wifi

I have no wifi or tv.. i have checked my bill and its up to date. I have tried re booting a few times and still no luck i dont have a phone contected so i dont know the landline number so i carnt get in touch through phone.

unacceptable delay

Hello,I ordered the broadband/tv combo on the 24th of June, the engineer showed up on the 10th of July as planned, but according to him, he couldn't setup the connection because of some technical issues that only BT would have been able to.solve, I c...

Resolved! Internet keeps dropping when on the ps4

Hi hoping someone could help me out, my sons ps4 has started cutting the Internet connection to everything else in the house excluding that ps4. My other son can't play any games on his ps4 when his brother plays on his ps4 I cant get on my fone and ...