cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LDKEMP335
Advocate

Slower connection speed than NOWTV shows

I am having problems with my connection speed.  I do a line check on NowTV and it says I should have 80mpb.  I have done speed tests using a wired connection and with the WiFi disabled. The speed I get is still less then 40mbp sometimes down to 24mpb, that is less than half of what I should get.

What do I need to do to get NowTV to correct this.

23 REPLIES 23
Jayach
Elite 3

I assumed @LDKEMP335 meant they have a prefiltered master socket, but yes it's not obvious.

Also they are getting a sync of  79.6, so I doubt the connection is poor.

@LDKEMP335 wrote:

The connection speed on the router shows 79.6mbp,

redchiz1
Champion 2

@chilli2 I thought I had just said that? And recent master sockets are not in two parts, the faceplate simply unclips by pressing in the sides. 

chilli2
Elite

the two parts being the one you can remove - either unclip or not and the other part being the bit that is attached.

by faceplate a filtered faceplate, the standard socket has one standard output - a BT socket the faceplate has two sockets one BT phone socket and another RJ11 .

Among a few other things the faceplate has a built in filter, isolates the bell wire and means you do not need a filter on any other wired extensions

redchiz1
Champion 2

@chilli2 Everything you say is correct in theory, but let's not over-complicate it and see if our poster needs to come back for further help,