cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zsanett
Mentor

Parental control - broadband buddy already OFF

Hello

I just switched to NOW broadband a week ago (so I never had this problem before) and altough I have internet it is blocking certain apps (games, Steam, Discord, Adobe, Riot games etc) and websites (like imdb, trackseries) - it has no problem to connect to Youtube, Netflix or Disney and on speedtest it shows good connection but it works the same way as those public wifis when it blocks certain things and just basic ones work - same problem on ethernet too.

i called them several times, but they were literally no help at all, if this doesn't get solved I will have to cancel my membership because altough I have internet I can't use it for anything basically. I need someone at NOW to take off all restrictions from my broadband. 

13 REPLIES 13
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@zsanett 

Bit of a long shot where you could try disabling IPV6 on the NOW Router webpage settings.

Seems to have worked on this similar thread linked below.

If that doesn't work it could be possible that you have a crossed line with another Sky or NOW customer possibly at the street cabinet which needs looking at by NOW.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/WiFi-blocking-certain-apps/m-p/603632 

zsanett
Mentor

@schnapps hello

when I did this it immediately solved my problem and then an hour later it went back to not working again. I checked the router options if it's switched back but ipv6 is still off 😞 they send me an engineer on Wednesday do you think this is something that person could help with? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@zsanett 

The Engineer should be able to check and confirm that the line is not crossed with a neighbours telephone line who are on either Sky or NOW.

I am assuming the websites and Apps being blocked is happening to all your internet connected devices on the NOW Router?

You could also try your internet browser on either incognito mode or a Private Window when changing your Broadband Buddy settings on your online account (though I doubt this would make any difference, but worth a try anyway).

zsanett
Mentor

@schnapps 

yes its happening on all devices but sometimes it works for a bit, most times it doesn't. Thats why I called them but apparently they can't even access to anything on their end. I can easily open Youtube, but if I want Steam Games (the downloaded app) it says no connection. I already turned off the broadband buddy

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@zsanett 

Forgot to say I am also assuming you wasn't on Sky Broadband previously and had their Sky Shield enabled?

zsanett
Mentor

@schnapps no we had BT before. I'll check the link you've sent me now

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @zsanett 

This sounds like a similar thread in the link below you are experiencing.

Perhaps tag the person in the link thread below to see if NOW have fixed it for them and if so how.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/Various-websites-not-working/m-p/618434 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @zsanett 

Forgot to also say that I am assuming you are not an Apple user ?

If so, try switching off Private Relay on your Apple devices and then try Broadband Buddy switched off.

zsanett
Mentor

@schnapps no we have windows - apple only the phones