cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LDKEMP335
Advocate

Slower connection speed than NOWTV shows

I am having problems with my connection speed.  I do a line check on NowTV and it says I should have 80mpb.  I have done speed tests using a wired connection and with the WiFi disabled. The speed I get is still less then 40mbp sometimes down to 24mpb, that is less than half of what I should get.

What do I need to do to get NowTV to correct this.

23 REPLIES 23
Jayach
Elite 3

I assumed @LDKEMP335 meant they have a prefiltered master socket, but yes it's not obvious.

Also they are getting a sync of  79.6, so I doubt the connection is poor.

@LDKEMP335 wrote:

The connection speed on the router shows 79.6mbp,

redchiz1
Champion 2

@chilli2 I thought I had just said that? And recent master sockets are not in two parts, the faceplate simply unclips by pressing in the sides. 

chilli2
Elite 2

the two parts being the one you can remove - either unclip or not and the other part being the bit that is attached.

by faceplate a filtered faceplate, the standard socket has one standard output - a BT socket the faceplate has two sockets one BT phone socket and another RJ11 .

Among a few other things the faceplate has a built in filter, isolates the bell wire and means you do not need a filter on any other wired extensions

redchiz1
Champion 2

@chilli2 Everything you say is correct in theory, but let's not over-complicate it and see if our poster needs to come back for further help,