cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edmondwong

orders and appointment: Engineer no shown

just signed contact for NOW boardband for 1 year and confirm engineer to install at 8am to 1pm on 28 Sep but engineer no shown without any notification.  I called customer service and they asked me to wait.  I have stayed at home for the whole day.  What should I do???

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@edmondwong 

Sometimes, when you already have a working BT Master Socket, the engineer can do all they need to do in the cabinet up the road, and doesn’t have to come to your property.

So plug your new router into the Master socket, and set it up as per Now’s instructions. 

If the centre light on the router is green, you are good to go, so just carry on as use it.

If the centre light isn’t green yet, then don’t worry, activation could be any time up until midnight today.

But if it isn’t green tomorrow morning, then ring Now on the contact number they gave you, after 8am, and ask what is happening.

Also ask them to start the clock for the automatic compensation you will get if this delay lasts more than two working (Mon-Sat inclusive) days.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

Sound advice from @RoyB. But if your activation is delayed you are entitled to automatic compensation from and including the agreed date.