cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wifi cuts off same time every day

Hi there,

Looking for some support around this issue as it's been ongoing for over a year and I have contacted NOWTV and my business IT department and still dont have a solution. 

So at 2.19pm every day my internet cuts off and shuts down everything. This is always an issue when I am working from home and in the middle of global important meetings and trying to present and then I get completely cut off. 

When I check the broadband line, it says there is no issues. I have even split my internet and into 5 and 2.4 bandwiths but it hasn't helped. My IT department have tracked this serval times in case it is a server issue but zoom isn't on the server so its definitely a wifi problem. 

Any other thoughts as to what this is or how to solve it? 

Thanks,

Roxanne

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have NOW sent out a new router? Perhaps request OpenReach to investigate the connection with your property?

Give the broadband team to find out can be done.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

How to submit your complaint:

• Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW advisor.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I was sent a new router last year but still same issue, its just so strange. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

maybe an issue with the line itself. If I were you call the team to request an engineer visit.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

You say the Wi-Fi cuts out, can you try on a wired device to see it it is just a Wi-Fi problem, or the line dropping?

If it is the line dropping you should see the router going through a reconnect and it should be recorded in the router log. (Although as I'm not using a Now router I can't tell you how to access those)

jlarge
Advocate

Hi,

I don't suppose you found a fix for this? I have the same issue, and customer services have not been able to help.

chilli2
Elite 2

Wifi, or Internet? the two are completely different

If the internet is cutting out, is this at the same time each day?

Do you have a central heating system that comes on and off , or any other electrical equipment ?

jlarge
Advocate

Internet, between 11.15 and 11.20 everyday. From the log:

Send out NTP request to ntp1.isp.sky.com
2023-03-10 10:59:27 syslog: Received NTP Sync Reply from ntp1.isp.sky.com 2023-03-10 10:59:27 syslog: System time is up to date
2023-03-10 11:15:58 syslog: Lease renewed 3600 ip XX.XXXX.XX.XXX
2023-03-10 11:17:48 syslog: [79518.137000] Line 0: VDSL2 link down
2023-03-10 11:17:51 syslog: Clear IP addresses. IP connection DOWN.

heating is via a nest thermostat. The internet goes down everyday and does not appear to matter what devices are connected to it, i've cycled through disconnecting everything i can each day. for example, since yesterday i had the nest and wifi lights off and disconnected, previously i've done that with phone and laptop.

doomlord
Mentor

@Anonymous User Any resolution yet ? Raise a fault with Now and see what they say.