cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
liamm21

Should I pay 50% of bill for 50% internet speed?

As Now tv make it really unhelpful to find a complaints section I’m left with no other choice than to rant on here.

customer 8 years

speed 75 down /25 up for 7 years.

speed received for the past 12 months is 40ish with as low as 10.

told by customer service that is that, they have zero control over my speed as this is actually down to open reach… they only know when the customer has an issue when they call in to complain about the speed to be told that’s how it is…..

so why are you continuing to advertise 60-70 mbps on all the ‘compare ‘ websites when I enter my house number and postcode, really strange I thought this industry had already been put in its place when it comes to advertised speeds it actually can’t provide, all the time continuing to take full payment. 

oh I nearly forgot the agent I spoke to intermediated it was because I am out of contract, leaving me with the impression that because I wasn’t in contract I may receive poorer service.. 

im sure the ombudsman going to love this, ill be pleased to leave Now tv, sky… all the bells and whistles to join, shambles when you have an issue.. 

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@liamm21 

You can rant all you want on here, but it’s just to your fellow customers, who can’t do much more than sympathise 😢

What I wonder though, is why you put up with it for so long? If you were getting 75/25 for so long, then some deterioration must have caused the drop to 40/10, and while Now are correct that this may be for Openreach to fix (always assuming that Now weren’t deliberately throttling you now you are out of contract, an accusation so serious that if you believe this to be the case, you should take the matter to Ofcom), they would be incorrect to say they could do nothing about it, as it is them who should be contacting Openreach on your behalf to get this fixed.

But what speed did Now guarantee you for those six years? If they are charging you in the seventh year on the same basis as the earlier contract, they should be offering you the same service as on the earlier contract.

It can be a bit of a crapshoot who you get when you talk to Now Broadband; if you try again, you may get someone more sensible. And if not, politely but firmly request to be escalated until you do.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@liamm21 

To echo what @RoyB says about the forum.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/help/faqpage/title/what-is-community-for

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help