cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wifi cuts off same time every day

Hi there,

Looking for some support around this issue as it's been ongoing for over a year and I have contacted NOWTV and my business IT department and still dont have a solution. 

So at 2.19pm every day my internet cuts off and shuts down everything. This is always an issue when I am working from home and in the middle of global important meetings and trying to present and then I get completely cut off. 

When I check the broadband line, it says there is no issues. I have even split my internet and into 5 and 2.4 bandwiths but it hasn't helped. My IT department have tracked this serval times in case it is a server issue but zoom isn't on the server so its definitely a wifi problem. 

Any other thoughts as to what this is or how to solve it? 

Thanks,

Roxanne

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have NOW sent out a new router? Perhaps request OpenReach to investigate the connection with your property?

Give the broadband team to find out can be done.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

How to submit your complaint:

• Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW advisor.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I was sent a new router last year but still same issue, its just so strange. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

maybe an issue with the line itself. If I were you call the team to request an engineer visit.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

You say the Wi-Fi cuts out, can you try on a wired device to see it it is just a Wi-Fi problem, or the line dropping?

If it is the line dropping you should see the router going through a reconnect and it should be recorded in the router log. (Although as I'm not using a Now router I can't tell you how to access those)

jlarge
Advocate

Hi,

I don't suppose you found a fix for this? I have the same issue, and customer services have not been able to help.

chilli2
Elite

Wifi, or Internet? the two are completely different

If the internet is cutting out, is this at the same time each day?

Do you have a central heating system that comes on and off , or any other electrical equipment ?

jlarge
Advocate

Internet, between 11.15 and 11.20 everyday. From the log:

Send out NTP request to ntp1.isp.sky.com
2023-03-10 10:59:27 syslog: Received NTP Sync Reply from ntp1.isp.sky.com 2023-03-10 10:59:27 syslog: System time is up to date
2023-03-10 11:15:58 syslog: Lease renewed 3600 ip XX.XXXX.XX.XXX
2023-03-10 11:17:48 syslog: [79518.137000] Line 0: VDSL2 link down
2023-03-10 11:17:51 syslog: Clear IP addresses. IP connection DOWN.

heating is via a nest thermostat. The internet goes down everyday and does not appear to matter what devices are connected to it, i've cycled through disconnecting everything i can each day. for example, since yesterday i had the nest and wifi lights off and disconnected, previously i've done that with phone and laptop.

doomlord
Mentor

@Anonymous User Any resolution yet ? Raise a fault with Now and see what they say.