cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Move NTP/Router location

Hi There, 

I am looking to move the Network Termination point for broadband so I can relocate the router/ modem. 

Is this something that can be provided by Now TV and what are the next steps for doing this?

Cheers,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

After getting an official answer from Now I thought I'd update this so folk can reference this in future. 

Now TV will liaise with open reach and work with you to move the master socket location. 

However. 

This is not guaranteed and requests are reviewed on a case by case basis. The socket will only be moved if required due to safety or functionality issues. For example the wall the cable is connected to fell down and damaged the cable. 

To start the process, raise an official complaint to reach the helpdesk. If your situation potentially involves a valid reason for the work. The helpdesk will escalate your request for approval. Pictures of the damage/ safety risk may be required depending on the case. (It was for mine). 

They also cannot guarantee the new socket will be exam where you want. It's a best effort remit for the engineer coming out.

Hope this helps someone in the future! Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jayach
Elite 3

I assume you mean your master socket, and I doubt it. They would need to call out Openreach and it would be chargeable.

Been asked before: Will now tv move a master socket? - NOW Community but I don't think that Openreach are so against getting it done yourself.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ye that's the one. that's gutting. Happy to pay for the work and want to stay with Now. 

so far it looks like I need a 24 month contract with BT to get it moved. will keep looking and update the post if a better option comes along. 

Jayach
Elite 3

Obviously I would never suggest that you do it yourself, but I would point you to this website:

https://www.btengineerlondon.co.uk/can-i-move-my-master-bt-socket/

Anonymous User
Not applicable

After getting an official answer from Now I thought I'd update this so folk can reference this in future. 

Now TV will liaise with open reach and work with you to move the master socket location. 

However. 

This is not guaranteed and requests are reviewed on a case by case basis. The socket will only be moved if required due to safety or functionality issues. For example the wall the cable is connected to fell down and damaged the cable. 

To start the process, raise an official complaint to reach the helpdesk. If your situation potentially involves a valid reason for the work. The helpdesk will escalate your request for approval. Pictures of the damage/ safety risk may be required depending on the case. (It was for mine). 

They also cannot guarantee the new socket will be exam where you want. It's a best effort remit for the engineer coming out.

Hope this helps someone in the future! Cheers