cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slswan
Scholar

Fed up my broadband watching tv gone

My now tv will not connect. Its off and says issues, I have reset from the wall of the internet, i have reset the router, i have unplugged and plugged back in my now tv box, eventually it came on for half an hour, now completley gone, now tv says something went wrong, NOW is currently unavailable. Please try again later!!! I have, Help please?? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jayach
Elite 3

@chilli2 wrote:

The posts from @slswan read as nonsensical gibberish

Not really gibberish, just someone who doesn't fully know the correct terms for the various devices. Now doesn't help, as they originally branded the broadband Now TV broadband.

They have since changed the name but their users don't seem to have noticed.

@slswan 

Do not keep telling us what is happening with the TV, nothing will work there (as you have no aerial) until the broadband is fully up, so just concentrate on getting all the lights on the router green.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
RoyB
Legend

@slswan 

I expect you have water in the conduits, which will affect the copper cabling.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
chilli2
Elite 2

You need to describe the issues you are having, and with what device clearly.

Is this a Now TV box, or a Now broadband router, or both?

slswan
Scholar

The router or hub shows just 2 outer green lights on it, the now tv box shows the light now and then, even when on it is not working

RoyB
Legend

@slswan 

What colour is the Now box (not the router, I mean the box connected to your TV via an HDMI cable)?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
slswan
Scholar

IMG_20231027_184954.jpg

•  shows when light is on, but every now and then goes off and on, including the one in the hall when the green  middle light goes orange or off. 
RoyB
Legend

@slswan 

Ah, a Now Smart box, one with Freeview.

What are the four wires connected at the back - power, HDMI, Ethernet, TV aerial?

Jayach
Elite 3

@RoyB wrote:

@slswan 

What are the four wires connected at the back - power, HDMI, Ethernet, TV aerial?

It does look like an aerial cable, but @slswan says they don't have one?

@slswan wrote:

I do not have a tv aerial at all, so I soley rely on NOW TV, fed up with it

Jayach
Elite 3

@chilli2 wrote:

Not really gibberish, just someone who doesn't fully know the correct terms for the various devices. Now doesn't help, as they originally branded the broadband Now TV broadband.

They have since changed the name but their users don't seem to have noticed.

@slswan 

Do not keep telling us what is happening with the TV, nothing will work there (as you have no aerial) until the broadband is fully up, so just concentrate on getting all the lights on the router green.

slswan
Scholar

Now ny tv went wrong again, saying this on the screen, p sky. Com port 443 after 3019 ms:

I don't have sky!!! Thanks to all helping, its just so frustrating , no engineer yet, though told maybe saturday in the area or mon or tues. This day and age technology!! 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@slswan 

A word of warning, NOW don’t have any engineers as they rely fully on OpenReach. So it’s down to when they are able to send someone out.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help