cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband seems rubbish

I've had this service since 22/8 and I'm finding if the broadband is connected to one device, nothing else works.  Is this standard? Or do I find another provider? I was with BT no problems but with cost of living £53 is abit extreme for broadband and 700mins for phone calls...I dont watch much TV and its all through the iplayer or whatever but then when you want to use mobile/ipad/laptop they don't seem to want to work??? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
chilli2
Elite 2

I find the broadband to be fine, and with no issues at all.

The supplied router however is another story, when I tried using the now router I had a few issues and not just poor WiFi.

So I use my own router and the connection is rock solid, the WiFi reaches down the garden, next door and a little way down the road.

Search this forum for own router.

Do you still have the BT router? If so what model is it?

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Subscriber2g
Advocate

So having left NOW, they have decided to charge me early termination fee for a poor broadband service that they advice that I should leave because their service wasn't up to scratch.

PEOPLE, DO YOUSELVES A FAVOUR! Now Broadband SERVICE IS APPALLING. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS WORSE. BUYER BE AWARE!!! I wouldn't touch them with again a barge pool. 

I am now back with BT and everything is working fine. Same phone line into the house, different company. 

chilli2
Elite 2

@ Subscriber2g

The early termination fee is standard among ISPs and other service providers You said:

" The person at the other end of the channel was quite happy for me to cancel my subscription "

Did they mention that they would waive any early termination fee?

The router isnt that great and there are solutions to that issue on here.

Now is a budget ISP and if you are unable to fix basic simple  issues, such as source and set up your own router then its probably not the best ISP for you - Customer support will not help you.

however its cheap - even if you factor in the cost of getting your own router the combined costs over 12 months will be cheaper.

As for my own experience - no Issues with now what so ever, speeds are as expected, no downtime and currently 30+ devices connected to wifi with no problems