cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Turn off this parental pin

I am 64, live alone, I turned parental pin off still have to enter it for Sky Atlantic etc. What a pain! Buerocratic nonsense forcing this on us. This is not a nanny state. Please change this madness or NowTV stick just might follow the Virgin Media box out of my front door!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I am over 18 have no children please disengage parental pin

Many thanks

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Observer

Another vote for removing this. I don't have kids , I passed 18 a long time ago. This is just an annoyance. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 3

@Daz8 @John6320 you'll have to lobby ofcom as it's they who have mandated the PIN.

Highlighted
Advocate

You said this is a new OFCOM rule that applies to all live streamed channels.  Why am I not seeing  this on the live channels on BBC iPlayer or ITV player ?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 3

@weehaggis live streamed channels that show adult/age restricted content pre watershed. The BBC and ITV don't show adult/age restricted content live on iPlayer/Hub until AFTER the watershed (9pm) hence no pin requirement.

Highlighted
Mentor

Nowtv it is not a solution to say "we've added a pin" when the question was how to turn it off. I do not have children. I do not need a pin. I am a big girl. Give the option to turn it off! 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Leelee283 

The PIN is here to stay. 

Regardless of your living conditions it was a decision by Ofcom. If you can you can take it up with them. 

This was mentioned by @Saint1976 

The below link talks about the PIN

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-a-parental-pin

You don’t have to set up a Parental PIN unless you plan to watch live channels on the Entertainment or Sky Cinema Pass.

Highlighted
Champion 3

@gavs82008 

Spot on Gavs

My payment PIN is on but my Parental PIN is definitely off, in fact you have to deliberately turn it on to activate it but, I guess, once it's on it's on for good.

UK Bob

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Champion 3

@gavs82008 

Gavs

It's my week for making Boo-Boos, just read the following bit about turning off a Parental PIN in the Help Section.

A Parental PIN is only mandatory to watch live channels on the Entertainment and Sky Cinema Passes. If this doesn't apply to you and there are no younger viewers in your household, just select Turn OFF and you won’t be asked for a PIN.

So there you have it, if you switched on your Parental PIN you can also turn it off.

UK Bob