cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Turn off this parental pin

I agree. I live alone, no kids and I'm really fed-up with having to put in my pin every time I want to watch a Sky movie on Now TV. If there is someway of cancelling this, I wish Now TV would give clear instruction on how or as you say. if it is a bug, it needs to be addressed forthwith.

John6320
Mentor

I totally agree with everyone who is fed up with the parental pin situation

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@John6320 @Anonymous User 

There is a way of turning the pin off I believe. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/change-payment-pin-parental-pin-settings

if you go the settings in that link

https://account.nowtv.com/settings

F1816469-1BFE-462C-8F35-05ECAA92FD1B.png

FYI that I do not work for NOW, I am simply a NOW customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service and like you I am still a customer. For any account issues you’ll need to contact staff via customer support.
RoyB
Legend 5
Legend 5

@gavs82008 @John6320 @Anonymous User 

Yes, you can turn it off there, but note what the message says about it still being needed under the circumstances described.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’ on it
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok so you can't turn off this parental pin, so why then can you watch the same program any time without a pin on the box sets etc ???

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

The parental pin is only required for certain Sky channels when you want to watch them live.

All catch up content doesn’t require the pin. 

Will put it this way, I don’t have a pin set up and have never had to use it when watching on demand or live sports.

My understanding is that it’s for Sky Atlantic live and and live cinema channels.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, I am simply a NOW customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service and like you I am still a customer. For any account issues you’ll need to contact staff via customer support.
Leon_J
Observer

Sky (NowTV in my case), why are you so useless that you can’t do what other streaming services do?

Set up PROFILES, and profiles for kids only allows access to kids channels and programmes from them.

an adult profile allows access to all.

You use your pin ONCE to access the adult profile, that’s it.

entering the pin over and over again for every single programme means that the kids will see it.

Stop ticking boxes and try thinking outside of them.

0 Thanks
Leon_J
Observer

Can’t edit my post, I was having to enter my pin to watch every show on the sky premium channels on nowTV, on demand.

I have disabled the PIN and now ONLY have to enter it if I want to watch live TV.

Sorry Sky, on this occasion, my bad.

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Leon_J 

Nothing to do with Sky introducing the PIN on certain Live channels. It was an OFCOM enforcement. 

0 Thanks