cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Turn off this parental pin

Serously. I have it turned off in settings, that means I don't want to enter it at all. I do not have children. I am not a child. I do not need protecting from anything and even if I did have children, it's my responsiblity to protect them from any inappropriate content. Not yours. 

Change this back immediately.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We’ve introduced the mandatory PIN on some live Sky channels to make sure we’re doing as much we can to make our service more responsible. It also offers our customers more choice to watch content that normally might not be available before the traditional ‘watershed’ – the time when TV programmes that might be unsuitable for children are broadcast.

Thanks

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree. I live alone, no kids and I'm really fed-up with having to put in my pin every time I want to watch a Sky movie on Now TV. If there is someway of cancelling this, I wish Now TV would give clear instruction on how or as you say. if it is a bug, it needs to be addressed forthwith.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I totally agree with everyone who is fed up with the parental pin situation

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

There is a way of turning the pin off I believe. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/change-payment-pin-parental-pin-settings

if you go the settings in that link

https://account.nowtv.com/settings

F1816469-1BFE-462C-8F35-05ECAA92FD1B.png

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Yes, you can turn it off there, but note what the message says about it still being needed under the circumstances described.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

You said this is a new OFCOM rule that applies to all live streamed channels.  Why am I not seeing  this on the live channels on BBC iPlayer or ITV player ?

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User live streamed channels that show adult/age restricted content pre watershed. The BBC and ITV don't show adult/age restricted content live on iPlayer/Hub until AFTER the watershed (9pm) hence no pin requirement.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am 64, live alone, I turned parental pin off still have to enter it for Sky Atlantic etc. What a pain! Buerocratic nonsense forcing this on us. This is not a nanny state. Please change this madness or NowTV stick just might follow the Virgin Media box out of my front door!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am over 18 have no children please disengage parental pin

Many thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another vote for removing this. I don't have kids , I passed 18 a long time ago. This is just an annoyance. 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User you'll have to lobby ofcom as it's they who have mandated the PIN.