cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jack21
Advocate

connections

When I fist turn on my lap top and log in it can take up to 15 minutes to connect once I am connected I do not seem to have a problem getting onto any sites it just seems to be the initial connection that is really slow even though I have only a lap top and no other devices, does anyone else have this problem

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@jack21 

Are you a broadband customer or are you trying to watch NOW on your laptop?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
jack21
Advocate
Broadband customer
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@jack21 

Oh ok, the reason I asked is because you created this thread in the NOW app for streaming. So any broadband customers that could help wouldn’t notice it at all. 

Are you having issues over wifi or Ethernet?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@jack21 

Turn your phone into a WiFi hotspot, and then try to connect via your laptop, in the same way you would with Now (i.e. from the laptop being asleep, or off).

Also, with your laptop on Now broadband, disconnect, but leave the laptop running. Then try reconnecting. How long does that take?

Also, please report the make and model of laptop, and the version of Windows you are using.

Can you get Now on any other device, a TV or even your phone maybe? Do you get the connection delay there?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.