cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Only using 1/4 of my screen

When I start playing a movie it only plays in the top right corner of the screen!!!!!!! I have tried several different movies and all do the same 😡 It's not my TV as all other channels are fine!!!
245 REPLIES 245
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there - am at work atm but will try that when I get home and report back. Still don't quite understand why it 'slipped' in the first place though...?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User your box upgraded to the new OS7 in the last few days, this combined with a display setting that very few use has resulted in a bug with the NOW TV app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Tom-R

Changed setting on the Roku to 720 (1080 not an option) and problem is solved!!!

Well done, but I wonder why as I never messed with the settings in the first place.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

nigelw wrote:

Changed setting on the Roku to 720 (1080 not an option) and problem is solved!!!

Well done, but I wonder why as I never messed with the settings in the first place.

This kind of thing sometimes happens when software on devices is 'automatically' updated. I've seen weird things happen to televisions and surround sound receivers when their software has a 'automatically' updated Smiley Surprised

And many thanks to all those people who provided more detailed information about their Roku devices 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same thing has happened to me, has been fine until today

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem, of programs in Now to only showing in top left hand corner.  It started yesterday. Have tried rebooting to no avail.

Am watching on a LG to using a roku box through an AV cable. No problem with my Netflix, I player etc. Have changed the settings to widescreen but don't seem to be able to change the settings from 702 to 1032 (I think that was the number) as its not an option on the settings.

This is highly irritating, who knew a small screen could be so annoying!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am currently having this issue as well. I have a Roku box which is connected to a Samsung 32" TV. We also have on here various Catch Up channels and Netflix and they are all working fine. 

This has only started happening today (we have had NowTV for nearly 2 years) and it's affecting both the movies and Entertainment packages. Does anyone have any ideas?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

This problem has just started for me today. Yesterday everything was fine and no settings were changed between then and now. I also have a roku box and a Samsung uhd tv but these can't be the cause of the issue as everything was fine yesterday. I've tried adjusting the picture size on the tv and also on the roku box settings tab but this does not correct the problem. Need help from the nowtv people!!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi

This problem has just started for me today. Yesterday everything was fine and no settings were changed between then and now. I also have a roku box and a Samsung uhd tv but these can't be the cause of the issue as everything was fine yesterday. I've tried adjusting the picture size on the tv and also on the roku box settings tab but this does not correct the problem. Need help from the nowtv people!!

Are you only seeing this issue when using/launching the NOW TV app. What happens with other apps?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for responding. I just tried the bbc iplayer app (from the roku box) and that displays fine.