cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Disney+

Also just done a factory reset now and still the same. 

Thanks

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @robmcc83 

The only other thing i could suggest is a full factory reset under the box Advanced System settings.

Factory resetting the box is a pain in the backside where you need to setup your box again from scratch and have to re enter all your account logins for various Apps etc.

Also it might take a while for the third party Apps such has Disney + to be added again on your box.

There is no guarantee that the factory reset will make any difference.

I haven't got the older black nowtv box in my setup anymore and haven't started the Disney + free 7 day trial yet where there is nothing on Disney that i fancy watching to be honest (apart from the Mandalorian which i will wait until Season 1 is fully uploaded on their service).

The Community is mainly used by users and if you have Twitter or Facebook NowTV Staff are more proactive over there, so you can make them aware of the problem you are encountering with the Disney Plus App.

If many more users come forward on the Community Forum about problems accessing the Disney + App, then it might be a similar issue that some Netflix users are encountering on the older black boxes where NowTV Technical Staff need to investigate and fix.

Sorry i couldn't help any further.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Hi thanks for your help @schnapps

I did do a full factory reset. 

Upon setting it up after the factory reset the strange thing is, that it now installs disney plus as default when setting it up for the first time. 

But the app does not work it still keeps saying the device needs a update from sky. 

I can only assume that it does indeed need a firmware update that has still not been released but why have they added Disney plus if it does not work. It doesn't make sense. 

I don't have twitter or Facebook so I suppose I'll just have to wait until more people complain to get a result. 

I pay for Disney plus as we use it on out smart tvs but the device in question is for one of the kids bedrooms which unfortunately doesn't have a smart TV and I refuse to pay out money for a smart TV when the now TV box should be able to work. 

Thanks

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @robmcc83 

Try sending NowTV an email.

You should be able to reach out to them on customerservices AT nowtv.com (i had to use AT instead of @ because the forum software blocks people accidentally adding email addresses).

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

@schnapps

Thanks I'll give them a email now. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @robmcc83 

Looks like somebody over on Twitter has the same identical problem with DIsney + on the older nowtv black box.

Screenshot_2020-04-25-11-52-35.png

NowTV Twitter asked the person for the serial number of the box (so if you are going to send them an email give the box information to them).

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Thankyou will keep checking 

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Tree70 

When checking for the Disney + App on your Stick Apps Store check under the Film & TV sub heading where under Most Popular Disney + App as disappeared from my box, where it was there yesterday.

Highlighted
Mentor

Thankyou I found the Disney+ app in TV and Films as you Advised.

All up and running now.

Thanks again for you help 🙂

Highlighted
Advocate

Thanks, already tried all that, still get the same message.

0 Thanks