cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Disney+

Any news on when we can expect to access disney+?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It might take 24 hours for the App to be pushed out to customers NowTV branded devices (so be patient).

You could try a system update in the menu settings just to see if the App is idle there waiting to go into the Apps Store section on your box / stick.

Just one word of caution the old white nowtv boxes will not be receiving the Disney + App from what i have heard and currently it's only being rolled out to UK customers where Republic of Ireland customers will have to wait a little longer according to NowTV over on their Twitter feed.

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, already tried all that, still get the same message.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Looks like there is an issue with the Disney + App on certain customers nowtv older style black boxes.

Here's a screen shot taken from the NowTV Twitter site about half an hour ago where they are aware of the problem and trying to get it fixed.

youdoodle-2020-04-25T19-04-30Z.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got the latest NowTV stick and there's no Disney+. Tried to update through the system but it said it's already updated. So I guess will be trying again tomorrow. I have signed up to Disney+ and don't wanna watch via phone. Thanks for the info anyway. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here, even after update. Fingers crossed we will have some luck tomorrow 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got a new nowtv stick 2 days ago.as argo advising it is available now.

And was very disappointed to find it was not on there.

So this is good news.

Checked mine but still not on there.so will keep checking.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Because you have a new stick with a newer serial number on it the Disney+  App rollout might be done in batches based on the box / stick serial number.

I would imagine it will be there within 24 to 48 hours if you only bought the stick recently.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thankyou will keep checking 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When checking for the Disney + App on your Stick Apps Store check under the Film & TV sub heading where under Most Popular Disney + App as disappeared from my box, where it was there yesterday.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thankyou I found the Disney+ app in TV and Films as you Advised.

All up and running now.

Thanks again for you help 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I do not have the Disney + app on my now tv stick.  I've checked the app store & all software updates are complete. Is it only available on certain versions of the stick or is it only being rolled out on different versions at a time?