cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Disney+

Any news on when we can expect to access disney+?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It might take 24 hours for the App to be pushed out to customers NowTV branded devices (so be patient).

You could try a system update in the menu settings just to see if the App is idle there waiting to go into the Apps Store section on your box / stick.

Just one word of caution the old white nowtv boxes will not be receiving the Disney + App from what i have heard and currently it's only being rolled out to UK customers where Republic of Ireland customers will have to wait a little longer according to NowTV over on their Twitter feed.

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Under Apps Store on your Stick have you checked the Film & TV sub category rather than Most Popular ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Schnapps!

But am afraid I've checked under most popular & not there. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What about under Film & TV ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes! I've  found it in films - Thank you!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When was the Disney+ App added to NOW TV? I picked up a Roku box mid April. Obviously I've watched about 20 minutes of content (I have the App on my LG TV downstairs) in my bedroom!

I checked the other night on the black box and there it was. Will come in handy when we'd like to watch Dolby Vision content during the day. Annoying as we now have a redundant NOW TV Stick, I'll try and pick up a remote (or a new Stick when they're on offer) as I paired the old one with the Roku and replace the black box downstairs (prefer to use that over the App as the lip-sync with the LG App is horrendous).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The Disney Plus App started rolling out on NowTV branded devices (apart from the white boxes which aren't supported) on the 23rd of April 2020.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So if I've only waited a week I could have saved £30! Never mind I guess, at least I get to watch my Apple content (I have a season of The Cleveland Show!) with the Roku.

Thanks for the info. I (literally minutes ago) managed to pick up a remote for £9 delivered, so it's not all bad.

pauline1769
Expert

I added the Disney plus app on the now TV box today

pauline1769
Expert

The Disney plus app

Is now on the now TV box I added it today

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi

I've got a similar problem with Disney I have updated my now tv stick I've updated my apps but its still not showing 

Any suggestions as to how to get this working.