cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV on Android

I have used my now tv app on my acer android tablet since I got now tv with no problems.

3 nights ago I tried to watch a program it loaded and just as it was about to start playing I got a message saying now tv had stopped.

after looking online I follwed one suggestion of uninstalling the app and reinstalling but with the same problem.

I have reset my Acer back to factory settings and tried it again and still the same problem.

Any one help

44 REPLIES 44
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear of the recent issues you've had on your android tablet. Are you still having this problem? Can you make sure it's on the latest software version please also try killing all open tasks and then clearing the ram and trying again.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Yes its the latest version of Android, It only updated itself in January.

The Tablet is only 6 months old.

Like I said I did a factory reset with no apps added but Now tv.

I haven't tried it on any other tablets but It definately works on a Windows Laptop.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Can you try the following:

Settings>Applications (Manager)> and then finding Android System Webview and unistall the latest update. Then try the app again.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I cannot find what you are asking for. I can go into settings then apps(no manager) but no android system webview.

My Android version is 4.4.4

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting, are you still having problems? Can you let us know of the model number for the tablet please. 

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi its an Acer A1-840 tablet

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for that.

Out of interest - if the tablet has a data plan - do you see the same issue when your on 3G as well as WiFi?

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Its just wifi no 3g.

It picks up my network hard drive app and plays movies and clips. It even plays bbc iplayer and virginmedia anywhere.

Its baffling that it was working fine then for no reason just stopped.

It was working after it did its software update and only started not playing my Now Tv app recently

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. 

Can you please let me know what version of the NOW TV app you have? 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team