cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV on Android

I have used my now tv app on my acer android tablet since I got now tv with no problems.

3 nights ago I tried to watch a program it loaded and just as it was about to start playing I got a message saying now tv had stopped.

after looking online I follwed one suggestion of uninstalling the app and reinstalling but with the same problem.

I have reset my Acer back to factory settings and tried it again and still the same problem.

Any one help

44 REPLIES 44
Legend 5
Legend 5

Firstly double check you are using your Sky ID and typing password correctly. It is very easy to get either wrong on a mobile screen. If you are certain this is correct your app may have a glitch. I would do the following:
1) Go into settings on your phone and into apps, clear the data from there. Then try logging in.
2) If still not successful, repeat stage 1 and also uninstall the app and reinstall it. Then try logging in again.
3) If still not successful, repeat stage 1, uninstall the app and then remove the history of the app by going into Google Play, clicking My apps and going into all. Apps you have installed but that your account remembers will be there with a cross beside them. Click the cross to remove the app. This should remove the app fully. You can then try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. If this causes device issues you may need to go on chat.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Done all those things multiple times. Even did a factory reset of the tablet and loaded apps back in again No joy.

What gets me is this app worked fine before they put an updated app on Google play and there are a lot of people who cant use it on there Tablets now.

Surely it would make sense to roll back the app until they can sort it out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any update on this issue

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F can you advise @Anonymous User. My android app has worked consistently on my Motorola E phone so it can't be the app itself that is the issue. Might be way it "talks" to different manufacturers' phones.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine is a Tablet not a Phone

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User point is moot, would still be a communication issue.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am convinced it is the updated app. Myself and others had no problem with the last version. Then when the new app was launched we started having these problems.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi again @Anonymous User

The 4.7.1 update was in regard to your Tablet Software, not the NOW TV App, would you be able to try updating your tablet and see if that works?

Thanks,

Ryan
NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Ryan
I am on automatic update and no update has come through.
Audrey

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm on 4.4.4.. My Son has a samsung with 4.4.4 and he can get his now tv to work.