cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

leaving NowTV broadband and calls

Now have now whacked my charges up to  £40 PCM. Tis is too much for me. what is the process of leaving the contract and ending my nowtv broadband and calls subscription?

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 
By calling the broadband team.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/cancelling-my-service

Thinking of cancelling? NOW Broadband Members can call 8am-8pm, 7 days a week.

03300 412473
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jayach
Elite 3

Assuming you still want broadband, the process is to find the ISP you want to use next and sign up with them. If they also use FTTC/VDSL, they will handle the whole process, no need to contact Now at all. and minimal downtime.

Always go via a comparison site, as there may be vouchers or cash back available. I like to use MSE.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/compare-broadband-deals/

Switching broadband provider - Ofcom

chilli2
Elite 2

If you were happy with the service as it was then give them a call and see if they will drop the prices, it may mean another 12 month minimum term, but any other ISP will also have a minimum term

The way it works is that they tempt people in with an introductory offer, as long as you stay with them for X months, then after that the price goes up to the "standard rate " this is standard for all ISPs and not just Now , shop arund - see what ISP offers what and and what price then call Now retentions up and see if they can make an offer

If you are leaving for another service provider that uses openreach cables do not under any circumstances cancel your now broadband and calls , go through the sign up process with your new provider - keep your number and it should transfer across overnight - it can sometimes take upto 14 days for this to happen, however your internet and phone will work throughout .

If you cancel then it can take a lot longer, plus there is the risk that you will loose access to FTTP speeds ( aka cabinet full)

Jayach
Elite 3

I must say, I thought Now contacted you before your contract expired and offered options for what to do next. Could you have missed the email?