cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Misleading Cancellation Process

Hi,

I am in a state of shock and fury. By coincidence, I noticed that you have been billing my account for a movie pass I cancelled several months ago.

I tested your offer for £5.00 a month and then cancelled it withint the month, as I don’t like your selection of movies. But for some reason, you have continued to bill my account.

How could this have happened? Well trying to cancel my account, once again today, I noticed I had to click on 'cancel' several times, and sometimes I had to scroll down to see the additional cancel button as it was almost hidden. So you make it look like you clients have cancelled their pass, while they have not. I find this despicable as I thought the first time I clicked on cancel that it would have been enough, and I am sure any ombudsman in your industry would think the same.

I demand a full refund for the two extra movie passes I did not subscribe to, an apology, and a stop of your misleading requirement that forces your clients to press on cancel several times, effectively tricking people.

I am sure that there are other people are in the same situation, that are unknowingly paying for something they did not want. 

If you don't comply with my demands, I will seek out other people you have damaged and build a group to get our money back and bring your awful behaviour into the light.

You have until Tuesday afternoon to make this right.

Also, get you messaging system right. I tried to send this message directly to you, but it did not work.

Thanks

31 REPLIES 31
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Doobydony 

Throughout this entire thread no staff have posted about the process. Whilst I agree that the cancellation process isn't ideal, posting on the forum won't get it resolved I am afraid. 

Unless you get email confirmation you didn't go through the lengthy process of cancelling I hate to say. 

That being said you should be able to get a refund if you want. By speaking with staff on live chat, make sure to click “chat online” within the green box, don’t hit “get help quicker” as this is a bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Since you mentioned "last £xxx you ever get from me" sounds like you don't want an account. So if I were you send an email to support to get your account closed.

customer services @ now tv . com (ensure no spaces)

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Doobydony
Advocate
Thanks for the reply, but given my previous experience with Sky, where they make it as difficult as possible to cancel, I'd rather pull my own teeth out with oversized pliars than speak to an agent.
Its a pity no other media companies don't have the rights to show recently released HBO series in the UK, as that's the only reason I subscribe for time to time, but no more.