cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redchiz1
Champion 2

Sky Sports Offer

There's a selected email doing the rounds at £17.49 a month for 6 months.

For existing subscribers though, try this: a number of people have said when posting elsewhere that after going through the usual cancellation process they are ultimately offered a new price of £17.99 a month for 6 months. I tried it and it worked for me, even though my current deal didn't expire until the end of December. 

So give it a go, you have nothing to lose. And if it doesn't work out you can reverse your decision anyway. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
redchiz1
Champion 2

@RoyB 

That's a slightly different offer. First, it is for a minimum term of 6 months. Second, it only applies to new members, so I couldn't get it as I was already committed to an offer period. 

But for anybody who doesn't have Sports and doesn't mind the 6 month commitment it is a very good deal. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

Looking in Offers, under Memberships on My Account, I found the £17.49 Sports offer, but I never got an email about it.

So perhaps worth looking there for anyone interested who hasn’t had the email.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@RoyB 

That's a slightly different offer. First, it is for a minimum term of 6 months. Second, it only applies to new members, so I couldn't get it as I was already committed to an offer period. 

But for anybody who doesn't have Sports and doesn't mind the 6 month commitment it is a very good deal. 

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

Ah, when you said ‘There's a selected email doing the rounds at £17.49 a month for 6 months’ I thought this was the same thing,

But I guess you meant duration, not minimum term?  It looks like we have to be specific about such differences these days…,

And mine isn’t  just for new members, either; it’s available to anyone in the last month of a previous offer.

Maybe yours was also, but your existing offer had longer than that to run?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@RoyB 

That's what I said, you assumed otherwise. 😉

And I did also mention that my then deal extended until December, so the new members/30 day rule did indeed exclude me from that particular offer. 

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

You can’t see that what you said is capable of either interpretation?

Mind you , I didn’t either, until I saw the offer made to me was capable of that interpretation. I didn’t think Now would be so scatter-gun as to have two different offers on the go at that same time 😢

PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

Thanks! Saved myself £2 a month. Was paying £19.99 a month, now paying £17.99 a month. No minimum term either.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@redchiz1 

Thanks bud, was on the 12 month saver of £21 a month until March. Didn’t give it a thought to see if I could get it until I saw you thread!

Happy to report it allowed me to switch over to the new offer 😎

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help