cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Misleading Cancellation Process

Hi,

I am in a state of shock and fury. By coincidence, I noticed that you have been billing my account for a movie pass I cancelled several months ago.

I tested your offer for £5.00 a month and then cancelled it withint the month, as I don’t like your selection of movies. But for some reason, you have continued to bill my account.

How could this have happened? Well trying to cancel my account, once again today, I noticed I had to click on 'cancel' several times, and sometimes I had to scroll down to see the additional cancel button as it was almost hidden. So you make it look like you clients have cancelled their pass, while they have not. I find this despicable as I thought the first time I clicked on cancel that it would have been enough, and I am sure any ombudsman in your industry would think the same.

I demand a full refund for the two extra movie passes I did not subscribe to, an apology, and a stop of your misleading requirement that forces your clients to press on cancel several times, effectively tricking people.

I am sure that there are other people are in the same situation, that are unknowingly paying for something they did not want. 

If you don't comply with my demands, I will seek out other people you have damaged and build a group to get our money back and bring your awful behaviour into the light.

You have until Tuesday afternoon to make this right.

Also, get you messaging system right. I tried to send this message directly to you, but it did not work.

Thanks

31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agree with you all on this. I to had an issue, used a free 3 month entertainment pass and cancelled straight after the final Game of Thrones episode, I recall the screen saying don’t worry you can continue to watch until the 22nd June and thought no more of it. I checked my credit card today and had been billed for 2 months! I spoke to live chat who said it’s a 4 screen process to cancel, which seems ridiculous to me, they then said I would have had a cancellation email, which I don’t recall getting, as soon as I said check my usage I have not accessed the account and I want to officially complain, live chat had a connection error.

i will never ever pay for a service from Sky Group again, very shady deceptive business practices. 

Anyone subscribing needs to be very careful with them

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I previously commented at the start of this thread. I would be happy to contribute. Whatever it takes to get justice. How many of our parents and grandparents are being fleeced by this company and others. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve had exactly the same experience. I went online (not through the app) pressed cancel pass for the monthly sports package and then completed a question box ‘please tell us why you are leaving’. I then checked the app which says very clearly you need a pass to watch, implying I didn’t have an active pass. But this tricky company have designed several more stages to go through and have positioned these other confirmation boxes so you won’t necessarily see them on your screen without scrolling.

This time I really believe I’ve cancelled online and to back it up I’ve cancelled my card at the bank!

Now TV is presented as a simple offer to turn on Now TV when you want it but I’ve found I’ve paid for months when I didn’t watch. Its cost me a lot to understand what you have to do to use the service. I like to watch sports but I have no inclination to use Now TV ever again. 

I’ve chatted online to the help but they stick to a script and told me I hadn’t cancelled. I’m incredulous that in this day and age companies still get away with treating customers this way.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried signing up for the free 7 day trial. The website was very strange, I had to keep clicking "start trial", nothing was happening at first, then eventually a "pay now" tab opened. I thought that had to do a 10p account check or something, but next thing, I'm charged £8.99 for a months pass. I only wanted the trial. I repeatedly pressed the start trial button. Definitely been scammed here, and reading all of the reviews on TrustPilot and here certainly confirm that this is a scam in operation. I'll be going through this long winded cancellation proces and negatively reviewing you across all corners of the internet..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Twice they have had me now!! , it's a very misleading process it would seem you have to cancel twice to get an email ... my advice if no email comes through immediately get on chat for confirmation.

However they do refund, but, it's the 5 days wait ,and having to repeat the process twice to get a cancellation , very poor service, I have informed them in will not use them again until this is looked at in depth and rectified , am awaiting a response , if I am told a 3rd time it's a technical error I will not be pleased.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You know Becky

When it comes to money, your precious resource, you have to always keep your eye on the ball, exhausting but necessary, trust no one or organisation and always (always) check your receipts and invoices.

You see, once they have their hand in your pocket your money becomes their unending resource, so take nothing for granted and double (maybe even triple) check everything.

Finally, don't be afraid to contact your bank and ask for your money back if unauthorised payments have been deducted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had the Exactly same thing I keep getting billed for account that was cancelled and then being told they can’t find my account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Me too and I consider myself to be relatively IT savvy.  Not until i saw 2 months billing did i return to the site and lo behold TV pass was still active.  I don't need asking 3 or 4 times if I wish to cancel and for it to be necessary to scroll to the bottom of a page to see if this is an option.  I don't press send on an email to be met with ....are you sure.......are you absolutel positive.......please think about what your doing....etc etc.  Same applies to open door button on a train for example.....I am not a simpleton.  If i'm on the cancel page I'm there to cancel not have a full on debate

Anonymous User
Not applicable

PS chat sucks too!

Doobydony
Advocate

I whole heartedly agree. I thought I had cancelled also, but apparently "gonna really cancel that" number two doesn't count either. The last cancel is off screen, and obviously really easy to miss. The fact that this hasn't been fixed and the requirement for 3 cancel clicks speaks volumes for this organisation.Your can hide behind your proper cancellation procedure all you like, but it is really all about retention.

Your can keep the £9.99 but I can assure you, it will be last £9.99 you ever get from me or another penny for that matter.