cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wakefield_WF3
Observer

existing router/hub

Hey !
how do I activate an existing NOW TV wireless hub ?
the hub is powered up, phone line connected and my devices : PC and ifone can see the

connection and the password is accepted.

I dont want a new router, just want to give NOW my CC details.

17 REPLIES 17
chilli2
Elite

Do you currently have an active Now Broadband account?

If not then what/who do you use for internet access at the property and on what package are you on?

wakefield_WF3
Observer

thanks chilli... yes have a NOW account/ vodafone wireless / £20 BVB.

connection is woeful once the gamers/chat forums are online after 5pm

NOW TV was temporarily suspended due to a fraudulent CC transaction

chilli2
Elite

By Now Tv do you mean the Tv streaming service, or do you mean Now Broadband ?

Jayach
Elite 3

And, what does Vodafone have to do with it?

wakefield_WF3
Observer

Chili asked the question : who do you use for current internet access ?  Answer : Vodafone

chilli2
Elite

What vodafone package are you on and what speeds are you getting?

wakefield_WF3
Observer

The vodafone package is a £20 BVB and not relevant.  Its simply for my mobile phone when unable to get a wifi signal. Temporarily i'm using the Personal Hotspot.

As stated in my original question : I was a previous NOW customer and have a NOW router that powers on, connects and is recognised by my devices. I want to restart my NOW payments without the hassle and cost of waiting for delivery of another £9.99 router. Its 2024 and the random replacement of functioning consumeable electronics is an appalling waste.

chilli2
Elite

OK, Vodafone also offer home broadband products .

It could be a case that the Now broadband product you had on the line has been cancelled , you should be able to see this if your Now router is connected to the internet or not, this is usually via the green lights on the front, and/or via the user interface.

Do you have a dial tone when you plug a phone into the phone socket?

Phopne services and xDSL services that Now sell are tied together so if you have a working and usable analogue phone service from the phone socket then there is a chance the Now broadband can be re-activated .

If you do not then you will need to have the whole lot re-activated as a "new" customer and i'm guessing that there will be no way round them sending you a new router .

If you are a Vodafone mobile customer there may be some deals you can get for home broadband from Vodafone so it may be worth investigating that avenue .

So if your phone line works then it should be a case of re-activating the broadband if its been stopped due to a billing issue.

if it does not work then the whole thing has been de activated and you are looking at signing up as a  "new" customer in which case you should look around to see what else is available , as said Vodafone may offer deals for existing mobile customers on home broadband so take your pick.

As for the old Now router : https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-return-my-old-equipment

wakefield_WF3
Observer

Thats an easy way to lose a loyal customer. Whats is wrong with these companies.

As stated twice, the hub works, 2 green LED on and is recognised by my devices. No phone. The only person who uses a landline is my 84 year old mother. Just needs a bot in the Cloud to take my money without sending more unnecessary hardware. Disappointing

Totally not focussed on customer satisfaction... same as the banks, airlines, local council etc