cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colinrobinson

broadband without phone number

Hi I am looking to move my broadband to now , i currently have a broadband only with no home phone , is that possible with now ?

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @colinrobinson 

To use the NOW Broadband service you need a BT Openreach telephone line in the property, but don't need to have a landline telephone connected to it (just the NOW Hub Router connected to the master BT telephone socket).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-switch-to-now-broadband 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @colinrobinson 

Forgot to add, when you sign up on online and haven't got a landline number to use, then there should be an option to have a new telephone number in the order process, which NOW will provide for you once the Broadband is up and running.

Out of curiosity who is your current internet provider?

Have you also tried the NOW online checker to see if NOW Broadband is available where you live ?

If it says that NOW Broadband is available from the online checker and don't currently have a telephone line, then NOW will organise a new telephone line to be installed at your property (see the FAQ in the previous link I posted).

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@colinrobinson 

Just wondering who are you with? 

Are you in a FTTP area? As moving to NOW would be a huge downgrade as they only FTTC.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jayach
Elite 3

@gavs82008 wrote:

@colinrobinson 

Are you in a FTTP area? As moving to NOW would be a huge downgrade as they only FTTC.

If you are in an FTTP area, new FTTC connections may not be allowed.

Ditto on wondering who you are with for broadband only.

RoyB
Legend

@Jayach wrote:

@gavs82008 wrote:

@colinrobinson 

If you are in an FTTP area, new FTTC connections may not be allowed.

Ditto on wondering who you are with for broadband only.

@Jayach @colinrobinson 

Somebody who operates just like Now do in this respect, obviously 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.