cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Srinivas_Reddy
Advocate

Brilliant Broadband connection is too slow for work from home

Unfortunately, I couldn't able to choose other package in Now except Brillaint broad band which is basic but it made my life horrible.

Unable to connect the NOW Customer care to ask why they cannot upgrade my connection.

Unable to choose higher broad bands from the portal.

Now broadband is hell

25 REPLIES 25
chilli2
Elite

I'm guessing the brilliant (?) broadband is ADSL

What did you have at the property before, what speeds what ISP and what package?

What do you get when you put your details in here:

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

is there a waiting list?

is it a FTTP priority exchange?

Srinivas_Reddy
Advocate

I am not sure what previously was there in property but in same apartment my friend has Now Fibre connectivity but for me it is showing not available in Now.

I have checked the coverage but couldn't able to upload screenshot here

Jayach
Elite 3

Have you checked what other providers will offer you?

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Srinivas_Reddy 

Are you in the unfortunate position where ADSL broadband only is available in your area? In any event, whilst we speculate, your best bet is to call the support team directly on 0800 759 1213 between 8:00am and 8:00pm. 

RoyB
Legend

@Srinivas_Reddy 

Now Broadband is domestic broadband; if it works for WFH at all, that’s a bonus.

Why have you restricted yourself to Now Broadband? Though since the speeds are largely dictated by Openreach, it will likely be the same for any other FTTC provider anyway…

And this may be why you can’t get a faster speed.

Anyway, @redchiz1 has now given you the phone number to talk to Now Broadband, so they can explain what we have covered above.

Absent someone who can offer you FTTP or mobile broadband at a sensible price, every provider you approach will be equally hell 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Srinivas_Reddy
Advocate

Actually I was told that Fibre connectivity not available for my flat, so I have restricted to use this basic plan.

Is there any way that I can get fibre connectivity 

Jayach
Elite 3

Did you use the link @redchiz1 posted earlier? What did it say?

Personally I prefer to use the telephone number checker as it identifies your actual line better.

BT Broadband (btwholesale.com)

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Jayach 

The phone number checker only works if you have a BT line, the rest of us have to use the address checker. 

Jayach
Elite 3

I don't have a BT line, mine was issued by Sky, and it works O.K. for me, but yes there are some numbers it doesn't work for, and then I would use the address checker, but the number checker is always my first choice.