cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve105
Advocate

NOW app not working on Samsung smart tv

I cannot watch anything! The app opens and gives me info about what’s on. But when I select a program (football last night) it just says ‘sorry, there was an error in the player’. What am I supposed to do? Has anyone else had this problem recently? How can you actually get in contact with NOW? Their ‘help’ section hasn’t helped me

Labels (1)
0 Thanks
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: NOW app not working on Samsung smart tv

Hi @Steve105 

Here's a link below for nowtv live chat or drop them a message.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

I don't own a Samsung Smart TV with the inbuilt nowtv App, but have you tried rebooting both the TV and router by unplugging the power for 30 secs or deleting the NowTV App and re install the App again from your TV's Apps Store.

View solution in original post

20 Replies
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Steve105 

Here's a link below for nowtv live chat or drop them a message.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

I don't own a Samsung Smart TV with the inbuilt nowtv App, but have you tried rebooting both the TV and router by unplugging the power for 30 secs or deleting the NowTV App and re install the App again from your TV's Apps Store.

View solution in original post

Big_Mac

I have a Samsung Smart TV and recently bought a trial for Now TV, however when I tried to watch anything - like you I could see what was on but couldn't watch.  The message "maximum number of devices" was given, but looking at my account, no devices were registered.  I tried reinstalling the app twice but no change. Then I found that at the very bottom of the Now TV app screen (scroll right down past all of the varieties of programme) there is a "My Account" button.  I found that a random user name was entered there - which must have been set before I bought the TV .  When I changed this to the correct username and password, it said that I could start watching, and it worked!!!!

0 Thanks
astronaut
Advocate

i have the same problem with my Samsung tv smart hub.tried everything nowtv have suggested, reload app, toggle power to router,the list goes on, I honestly believe that nowtv do not have a clue what the problem is, the final straw was when iwas using the chat line I was asked to power down the router and re power it up again, a crafty way of breaking the link ,the stupid thing is it has worked fine for the last 2 years,tried to watch the last match of the footy season,no workee!!

absolutely not impressed with now tv  efforts to resolve this issue, somewhere software has been changed within the app, and the price for a 24hour pass is escalating.

NCOKER
Mentor

we have a samsung smart tv and cant get now tv entertainment to play , just keep getting the little dots going around , any suggestions please 

SaintPaul
Mentor

I’m convinced the problem lies with Samsung / Now TV app software.  It only loads (on my new TV) if you switch the TV off at the wall, switch it back on and go straight to the Now TV app.  If you’re lucky it will open if not try again.  It is very rare it loads if you go straight to TV services and then try and load. Deleting and reloading app makes no difference after the first load.  

All other apps including Prime, Netflix, iPlayer etc etc always load without problems.  Now TV always loads straight away without issue on iPad and PC.  

This problem has been around for a long time and I don’t know why Samsung don’t realise that this is an issue and put a fix in place.

Frustrated!

Jordy9
Advocate

Films or programmes  play ad then icon spins but nothing starts? Useless!

astronaut
Advocate

Hi jordy9, thanks for your communication, i gave up with ever getting the now tv app on my samsung working, went through seversl exercises with now tv guidance, total waste of time, ! In the end i purchased a now tv stick which was on offer with a months subscription to entertainment on sky , with hindsight, i believe that this is what the now tv team really wanted !

0 Thanks
Jordy9
Advocate

Hi astronaut,  yep im in agreement with you on this one. Why have a 'smart tv' if we keep having to buy seperate devices just because manufacturers wont support their apps properly........

0 Thanks
Maxinee89
Mentor

Hi did you ever resolve this issue, mine hasn’t been working for a few weeks now and now tv are useless at helping me fix it 

0 Thanks