cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SaintPaul
Mentor

Re: NOW app not working on Samsung smart tv

Not much help to you but for whatever reason mine now seems to work 9/10 times having had the same issues as you and many others. I thought there had been a firmware update.
My solution - switch the TV off at the wall power and when you switch back on go straight to the Now app, avoiding tv channels, far from satisfactory but worked for me.
Hope this helps.
SaintPaul
Mentor

If you get a black screen when opening built in Now TV app on Samsung smart tv I found out by accident that by pressing the ‘back’ button on smart remote the app opens every time!

JamesH2
Mentor

We have been having the same issue as this with the built in app on a Samsung KS. 

The last time, I stumbled upon hitting back and finding the app springing to life, but thought it might have been a fluke. The issue was back today, though saw the post above. The back button worked again!

0 Thanks
Soniarina
Advocate

Here’s an update for everyone, I was having the issue for months with the app, it wouldn’t recognise my username or password and I tried everything.

So today I reset my Samsung TV to Factory settings and everything is working, the TV has automatically updated all my apps and now TV is working perfectly. Definitely try it, it’s in the Settings section, Support, then Reset.

Hope it works for you!

Eleffbee

I have a Samsung smart TV but it won't run any channel

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Eleffbee 

Have you tried to delete and reinstall the app?

Have you tried to unplug both the TV and router for a few minutes?

SaintPaul
Mentor

The solution for me is to press the ‘back’ button on the remote and the app opens without fail. The app is embedded in the software and cannot be properly deleted. It is only the Now app that has this issue ( for me) everything else works fine.

Paul

Eleffbee

Many thanks

0 Thanks