cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW app not working on Samsung smart tv

I cannot watch anything! The app opens and gives me info about what’s on. But when I select a program (football last night) it just says ‘sorry, there was an error in the player’. What am I supposed to do? Has anyone else had this problem recently? How can you actually get in contact with NOW? Their ‘help’ section hasn’t helped me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Here's a link below for nowtv live chat or drop them a message.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

I don't own a Samsung Smart TV with the inbuilt nowtv App, but have you tried rebooting both the TV and router by unplugging the power for 30 secs or deleting the NowTV App and re install the App again from your TV's Apps Store.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Here's a link below for nowtv live chat or drop them a message.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

I don't own a Samsung Smart TV with the inbuilt nowtv App, but have you tried rebooting both the TV and router by unplugging the power for 30 secs or deleting the NowTV App and re install the App again from your TV's Apps Store.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have the same problem with my Samsung tv smart hub.tried everything nowtv have suggested, reload app, toggle power to router,the list goes on, I honestly believe that nowtv do not have a clue what the problem is, the final straw was when iwas using the chat line I was asked to power down the router and re power it up again, a crafty way of breaking the link ,the stupid thing is it has worked fine for the last 2 years,tried to watch the last match of the footy season,no workee!!

absolutely not impressed with now tv  efforts to resolve this issue, somewhere software has been changed within the app, and the price for a 24hour pass is escalating.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

we have a samsung smart tv and cant get now tv entertainment to play , just keep getting the little dots going around , any suggestions please 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Films or programmes  play ad then icon spins but nothing starts? Useless!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi jordy9, thanks for your communication, i gave up with ever getting the now tv app on my samsung working, went through seversl exercises with now tv guidance, total waste of time, ! In the end i purchased a now tv stick which was on offer with a months subscription to entertainment on sky , with hindsight, i believe that this is what the now tv team really wanted !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi astronaut,  yep im in agreement with you on this one. Why have a 'smart tv' if we keep having to buy seperate devices just because manufacturers wont support their apps properly........

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi did you ever resolve this issue, mine hasn’t been working for a few weeks now and now tv are useless at helping me fix it 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi have you managed to sort this? Mine hasn’t loaded for a while and now tv are useless at helping me fix it

Anonymous User
Not applicable

samsung UE55JU77500T cannot get the built in NOW tv app to work, everytime I click to play anything all I get is the spinning dots. Tried resetting the router, reinstalling the app etc

any ideas