cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psychofox
Mentor

Cookie Consent Issue on a Samsung TV

Hi all.

I had an issue on the Now TV app on my Samsung TV where Sky Sports (all channels) would freeze about about 10 seconds but the sound would continue. All other channels were fine except for the sports ones. They worked fine elsewhere, just not on the TV. 

I tried to resolve this by removing the app and reinstalling. My TV didn't have that option as this app is part of the 'basic set' and is standard on the TV. My only option was to reset the Smart Hub; which I did. It signed me out of all the apps and i re-signed back in to find the Cookie Consent page in Now TV as soon as I select it. I cannot get past this page. The 'Accept All' button does nothing. The app hasn't crashed as I can move into 'More Cookie options' page and select/deselect the performance cookies option freely. From here I can either select 'Allow All and Exit' or 'Save All and Exit' but like the previous page; these buttons don't seem to work either. 

My TV is on it's latest firmware, the apps are all up-to-date. I have tried turning off the TV and back on, disconnected from the mains, I've left it on the cookies page to see if it will eventually go through. Nothing has worked so far.

My Now TV account is fine as I can access it elsewhere, just not on my TV currently.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@psychofox 

See if this is of any help.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/Samsung-smart-tv-stuck-on-cookie-consent/m-p/...

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
psychofox
Mentor

Hi @gavs82008 none of those seemed to fix the issue.

I have managed to contact the Now team on chat and they have escalated it. Fingers crossed they find out why it is happening.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@psychofox 

That’s a shame, hopefully they can sort it for you. When they do please post it as a solution on here so it might help others.

Seems to be a irregular common issue for Samsung TVs with NOW.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Paulmac
Advocate

@psychofox same issue. Tried all the obvious solutions. Help chat no help

psychofox
Mentor

@Paulmac if they do come back with a fix, I'll post here.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

I don't own a Samsung Smart TV with the native NOW App on it, but I encountered something similar with the cookies consent screen on my NOW box a while back.

What I did to resolve it was leave it on the cookies screen for around 5 to 10 minutes then the remote worked on screen and could select / press on the relevant on screen button options.

Not saying it would work in your circumstances but worth a try if you haven't tried it already.

psychofox
Mentor

@schnapps I did actually try that last night for a good 30 minutes. I even tried using the small joystick on the back on the tv to select 'Accept.' It just didn't want to know.

psychofox
Mentor

Now Team chat took all the details and I was told that it will be escalated further. 

On Wednesday I received a 'We haven't hear from you' email saying that they emailed me earlier with questions and that I should reply to it. Problem is it was never sent, so I don't know what was asked.  I randomly checked the app and it started to work. I got past the cookie consent screen and logged in. I got a warning that 'There was a problem with the security certificate for this site' and a load of letters after it. There was a 'Remember preference' tick box at the bottom so I selected 'allow' and now my Now TV is working fine.