cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Agent99
Scholar

Re: Nowtv only playing in corner of screen

Oh and before anyone suggests it (again!) I do not have a HDMI port, I have no intention of getting one because it won't go in to my tv , I have an older tv and I'm not getting a new tv until mine dies and my Roku box is the purple one - we're not all technically aware here, I thought this service was for everyone not just people who know all about cables and stuff so please stop asking people to change their stuff.

Just a comment for the Now TV bods out there is any of them are reading this thread any more - have you thought about how inconvenient your 'help' section is for people who really don't go online much? I can find no email address to contact you directly or the live chat options, it says there is one on the web help guide but I can't find it, and I'm sure I am not the only one who has tried and failed.

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

pethead65 Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Agent99

Thanks for your post.  To access Live Chat or email options click on this link http://help.nowtv.com/article/None-of-the-above and hit the Contact Us box on the left of the page, this will take you to the Live Chat option (8am - Midnight).

Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

Please click on Thanks if I've helped.
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, therefore I can help with issues about the service, but not account related issues.
If it solves the problem, please mark it as an accepted solution to help other members.
Thanks!

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
artesea Legend 5
Legend 5

@Agent99 wrote:

Actually I have been in touch with Roku and it isn't their problem/fault whatever you want to call it. They said it is totally down to Now TV and really if you think about it logically if it was a roku problem then all the other channels would be the same.

Of course the fault is due to Roku. NOW TV haven't changed their app. It worked fine on OS6 and only once OS7 was released it broke NOW TV. NOW TV should be able to update their app to work around the issue, but Roku introduced it.

-----
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, so whilst I know a lot about the service I will be unable to help with any account issues.
Did you find this post useful, why not give some Thanks?

0 Thanks
DawnLouise
Advocate

I have got the same problem with my Roku box/NOWTV. Have just spent approx an hour with a really helpful person from Roku and the fault is definitely not theirs. All other channels are showing fine, only NOWTV showing as small screen in left hand corner, any news on resolving

Holland113
Scholar

I have been in touch with both Roku and Now TV. Roku promised to get back to me as soon as possible and Now TV promised a time frame of within 24-48 hours. That was a week ago. So, whichever company is at fault, clearly neither is capable of acting professionally. Perhaps the "minor tweak" that was referred to in an earlier exchange is beyond the technical capabilities of all those involved - or perhaps neither company gives a damn.

Agent99
Scholar

So I finally got through to someone on Live Chat (Thanks @Pethead for the directions!) but despite asking at least 3 times how long it would take for the fix I didn't get anything I did get told that someone would email me within 48hours, so if they give me an answer I'll share it here.

It was a bit worrying that the adviser I spoke to was totally unaware of this issue and I had to explain a few times before they understood and then explain a couple more times that I don't have the settings needed as an option, the advisor said I can watch NOW TV on other devices...which I think is a really bad assumption to make because I don't have sound on my computer so I don't have any fall back options.

There was no mention of a refund or reembursement at all so for those of you hoping to get your money back I wouldn't hold your breath for that.

Hope this was a bit useful...it's a shame that they can't even just give a timefrane when we can expect it to start working again, at least then I wouldn't have to keep faffing about on this forum πŸ˜•

mllnow
Mentor

Re: Roku box only showing now tv in top left corner

I've found the solution given above works for me but you need a HDMI cable temporarily. I've listed every exact step I used.

1. Connect Roku to TV using HDMI cable
2. Go to Settings - Display Type - select 720p (or 1080p)
3. Open NOW TV and start playing a video over HDMI
4. With the video still playing, unplug HDMI and connect back using AV cable
5. The video is now full screen for me. Even when playing another video or closing and reopening the app.

Hope that helps some people.

the-nadger Legend 5
Legend 5

If you can connect using HDMI why bother playing about?

Please click on Thanks if I've helped. I'm a Community Contributor not staff.

SeeMoreDigital Legend 5
Legend 5

@the-nadger wrote:

If you can connect using HDMI why bother playing about?

Agreed...

Connecting via HDMI offers much better looking images. If your TV has HDMI inputs you should use them Smiley Happy

β€’ TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 β€’ TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 β€’ All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  β€’ ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ β€’

SeeMoreDigital Legend 5
Legend 5

@Laura281 wrote:
Any idea when this problem will be sorted???

If you refer to some of the previous posts, it's been suggested that you contact Roku directly, as it was their 'automatic' software upgrade that caused the issue with the Now TV app in the first place.

It's far more likely that the more people who complain to Roku, the more quickly they'll resolve the issue!

β€’ TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 β€’ TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 β€’ All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  β€’ ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ β€’