cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Joyhorn
Advocate

Re: Only using 1/4 of my screen

Mine has been like this for 6 days if this issue is not resolved soon I shall be cancelling both movie and entertainment package and shall expect a refund for this month and it's unwatchable

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

SeeMoreDigital Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Only using 1/4 of my screen

Joyhorn wrote:
Mine has been like this for 6 days if this issue is not resolved soon I shall be cancelling both movie and entertainment package and shall expect a refund for this month and it's unwatchable

Is there any particular reason why you are not using your Roku's HDMI output connection to your television?

β€’ TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 β€’ TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 β€’ All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  β€’ ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ β€’

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

Jenks1984
Scholar

Re: Nowtv only playing in corner of screen

I am also experiencing this problem. Highly frustrating. I have one box connected via hdmi and one via AV. Both not working. Only with nowtv. 

I have just tried the switch to 720p fix, when I do that my rocku box disconnects from the Internet and won't connect again. When I swap back to 16:9 display internet connection resumes. 

This is problem has been going on for some time now. Nowtv can you please advise us on when this may ben fixed or will there be some form of refund for the time the  service has been down, I don't want to cancel my subscription and have stuck with you over issues in the past but if it continues I will have to cancel as I really can't watch anything with it being in a little square in The top left hand corner!

thanks. 

SeeMoreDigital Legend 5
Legend 5

Jenks1984 wrote:

Nowtv can you please advise us on when this may ben fixed or will there be some form of refund for the time the  service has been down, I don't want to cancel my subscription and have stuck with you over issues in the past but if it continues I will have to cancel as I really can't watch anything with it being in a little square in The top left hand corner!

How about asking Roku to fix the issue? It was there software update that screwed things up!

β€’ TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 β€’ TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 β€’ All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  β€’ ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ β€’

0 Thanks
Riley86
Mentor

Tom,

Is there any progress on this issue?

Regards

Richard Riley

Mogwai23
Advocate

See More Digital (Advocate 4): If you're a NOW TV 'advocate', whether voluntarily or not, you should resign.  People paying for a service that's not being received have every right to be irritated by it & to expect their (NOT 'there') complaints to be taken seriously.  Having their complaints met with sarcasm and 'passing the buck' just makes them even more irritated.  You're not doing Now TV any favours at all - in fact, I'd be surprised if your attitude alone didn't lose them some custom.  It's all very well blaming ROKU, but then why is my Netflix not similarly affected?  Could it be that they were prepared for the software changes while Now TV have been caught with their pants down?  You obviously seem to think that affected customers should be paying out even more to view what they subscribe to, as well - once again attempting to shift any responsibilty from NOW TV; so when you're not blaming ROKU, you're blaming the subscribers themselves (hint: they're called customers, just in case you didn't know). Yes - I DO have a legitimate reason for using an AV connection, however have noted others complaining that the problem remains the same regardless of whether they use AV, or HDMI connections.  This issue has been going on far too long & it's about time that Now TV took some action to rectify it.  Blame Roku all you like, but if NOW TV had put any serious effort into resolving the problem, it would have been sorted by now.  What you're basically telling people is that they should continue subscribing to the service, but that NOW TV has zero responsibility for modifying their own software to ensure that subscribers are able to view the content that they're paying for.  You really should be thoroughly ashamed of the attitude you present.

Tags (1)
fiac
Advocate

t this issue and had it for a while now, all other channels are fine so now wish to cancel my now tv subsciption if i could only work out how to, NOW TV CONTACT METO JOIN AGAIN WHEN YOU OFFER A REFUND FOR MY LOSS OF USE AND HAVE FIXED THIS PROBLEM 

SeeMoreDigital Legend 5
Legend 5

Oh wow... This is a classic case of "don't shoot the messenger!"

With respect to you Mogwai23 and all the others who are affected by this particular issue. It is entirely a Roku issue!

I fully respect that you guys are annoyed but you really should be levying your complaints directly to Roku as a priority, as I repeat: It was Roku's (automatic) software update that screwed things up for you guys. 

And as I also said before, I'm sure Now TV are doing all they can on all your behalves to get Roku to rectify the issue. But that does not mean you should only complain here!

0 Thanks
Laura281
Mentor

Re: Roku box only showing now tv in top left corner

Any idea when this problem will be sorted???

0 Thanks
Agent99
Scholar

Actually I have been in touch with Roku and it isn't their problem/fault whatever you want to call it. They said it is totally down to Now TV and really if you think about it logically if it was a roku problem then all the other channels would be the same.

Now, can we please have some information about when this problem will be fixed. Last time I came on here I asked twice and no one has replied. I'm not cross or going to squabble but I really would like to know if you are going to fix it soon because otherwise I will cancel my movie subscription as I don't enjoy watching miniature movies.

Please can someone from Now TV respond to this with some real information and a timeframe, and if not can you tell me how I can contact the company because I am getting a bit fed up with having to use this forum.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing some helpful news soon πŸ™‚