cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Need old bills from April 2021 to March 2022.

I think I terminated the service around October 2021. But I need the rest of the bills so I can claim the cost on my business tax return. How can I get older bills? I logged in and can only get bills from 12 months ago from today.

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You can’t claim VAT for NOW broadband as it’s meant to be for personal use only.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/about-vat-invoices

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 @Anonymous User 

An assertion the basis of which is roundly contradicted by the subsequent

Paying for your NOW Membership through BT?

To get a VAT invoice, you’ll need to contact BT.

If BT Now users can get a VAT invoice and reclaim VAT, then direct Now users should be able to do the same, and so Now’s excuse is remarkably weak.

And not even true:-

https://www.taxinsider.co.uk/businesses-claiming-back-vat-without-an-invoice-ta

Mind you, you might have your work cut out relating your usage of Now to any business purpose you might have without falling foul of any rules prohibiting business use in Now’s T&Cs 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
chilli2
Elite

@RoyB 

My understanding is that that is for the tv service, resold through BT, and not the broadband service as BT don't resell Now broadband.

As stated you can't claim vat back on the broadband service, as it's domestic access not for business use. the only proof of purchase available will be on your credit card statement

RoyB
Legend

@chilli2 

You are quite right that BT don’t resell Now Broadband.

But the paradox here is that if anyone could make a case for reclaiming VAT on Now streaming services resold by BT - a rather harder task, I think, than trying to make a case for reclaiming the VAT on Broadband services - then so could anyone make such a case for reclaiming the VAT on directly sold Now streaming services.

And even more so for their Broadband services.

HMRC, by the way, do not concern themselves with what things are sold as - only with how they are used, and that that is a relevant business purpose for the claimant. Otherwise, toy retailers would be in difficulty here 😛

As an IT contractor, I claimed for the VAT on my domestic BT Broadband and telephone for years (technically, pro rata the business use versus the home use), but never for Netflix, as only a job which involved me watching Netflix would make the VAT reclaimable, and I was never able to get one of those 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.