Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gid
Advocate

Cancelling broadband

Hi Guys
I am not under contract and pay monthly
I wish to cancel from March this year.   It is impossible to do in my settings..
Can someone help pls ?    The site is unhelpful
thank you

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Gid 

You need to call the broadband team. It won’t be done on here I’m afraid.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/cancelling-my-service

Thinking of cancelling? NOW Broadband Members can call 8am-8pm, 7 days a week.

03300 412473
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
chilli2
Elite 2

Do NOT cancel, until you answer these:

Do you want to move to another ISP/service provider at the property , or do you want to cancel all internet services and phone services at that property?

If you are moving from Now to another Service provider - who is it?

The reasons for the questions are that if you cancel  and you still want an internet service you can initiate a little nasty little thing called cease and re provide - which means that you will lose internet access for upto 14 days ( or sometimes longer) - you also run the risk of something called "cabinet full" where you will lose access to FTTC speeds and will have to put up with much much  slower speeds on ADSL

The standard way to cancel is to just sign up with a new provider when the time comes (March?) if you still want access at the property.

As said there are a lot of ifs and buts, and if you navigate things badly then it can be a painful wait.

1: Do you want to retain/have an internet connection at the same property?

2: If Yes to 1, Who are you planning on moving to and what package ( ie is it openreach based/wimax/Virgin etc)

3: if its due to cost/end of contract, and you are happy with the service from Now, then call them up and try and haggle a better/new deal