cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abigail42

Problem with internet connection

For  seven days we have been without our main TV due to the NOW BOX not connecting to my VODAFONE provider (internet) although I have excellent signal strength..WiFi connection ✓

Yet " connected on my phone..we need the now TV working due to using it access the other things connected..

As I can't speak to a human ,I'm in to minds to cancel all,and as I've been with the company for well over 4 years .. 

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@Abigail42 

I don’t understand - you are trying to connect to Vodaphone broadband, presumably landline -based, over a Now router?

Why can’t you use the router that Vodaphone will have provided?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Abigail42
Thanks for your comment, as I'm not good with modern equipment ,I need to
find out how to do things like you stated.
So if I take the now box out of the equation and plug the VODAFONE in
?where. .. it should all work .. YES ""
RoyB
Legend

@Abigail42 

Assuming this is a box you got from Vodaphone, you unplug the Now router from the telephone socket, probably what’s called a BT Master socket, and plug the Vodaphone router in there instead. If you have anything wired with Ethernet cables to the Now router, unplug those, and plug them into the corresponding Ethernet sockets on the Vodaphone router.

Then you will need to reconnect all your WiFi devices, as the Vodaphone router will have a different SSID (“call sign”, so to speak) and password from the Now router. The new password should be on a label on the router.

Any difficulties, give Vodaphone a call; I’m sure they will be happy to walk you through the initial setup.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

Sorry @Abigail42 , but it's a bit difficult to understand your problem.

So presumably you have Vodafone broadband and it is working O.K. (you say you have excellent Wi-Fi)

That is where I'm confused. I assume you are saying you have a NowTV (streaming) box, that was working, but now isn't. Is that correct?

If you need to speak to a human, that is possible, but we need to understand if that is a Now or Vodafone human.