Wifi not connected to hub

I have received a new smart 4g hub today & attempted to connect my nowtv stick 

The wireless connection is tick but the Internet connection is crossed 

Please help 

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@Charlotte16 

Who is the hub from? And the Now Stick plugs into a TV, not the hub.

if the TV is smart, try setting that to use the WiFi from the hub (this is not a solution, just a diagnostic step).

Remember that you must set the wifi up using the SSID and password for the new hub; existing values from a previous hub will no longer work*).

*Sorry if any or all of this is the bleeding obvious, but I don’t know your level of expertise 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Charlotte16
Advocate

Thanks for your reply,  yes the stick is in the hdmi1 port ,selected new ssid , trying to connect & the WiFi it accepts wireless connection but not Internet connection?

RoyB
Legend

@Charlotte16 

Thanks for that. Who is the Hub from (make/model/ISP?)

It sounds as if the Hub isn’t set up with the provider - you can link to it, but not through it to whoever is supposed to be offering a broadband service on the other end, and the Hub being 4G makes me suspect this is a mobile provider, and it’s probably them you need to talk to, to get you set up correctly.

Hopefully, you know that streaming Now can consume a lot of data, so you need a data plan to suit?

Are you posting here through the Hub, or in some other way?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.