NOW TV Box Scheduled Maintenance 23/08/2017 (1pm – 7pm) Click here for more info
Champion 4

Re: Cannot view Now TV Entertainment on YouView? (Humax DTR-T2000)

decieved wrote:

I was foolish enough to believe the TV advert that said I could view ITV Encore with Now TV.

You can view ITV Encore with Now TV but not on a YouView/BT box, as they offer their own subscription service!

Perhaps the following 'Help Centre' article may be of use to you: What devices can I use to watch NOW TV?

If you're still interested here are some direct links to a couple of Argos 'bundle' product offers: -

NOW TV 'black' box with 3 month 'Entertainment' pass @ £14.99

NOW TV 'black' box with 2 month 'Cinema' pass @ £14.99

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.26.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

Occasional Poster

Imagine having it so you can get the entertainment pass on your talk talk box. ....If they let us do that then how can you pay! !
Highlighted
Occasional Poster

Re: cant play films

Yeah. ... consumer act. Sale and service of goods action. Fit for purpose section. Clearly a strategy. Get the pack and b amazed at the movies. Why let you get itv encore and discovery etc when you can easily pay them instead. Creating a monopoly is against the law talk talk !!!
First Poster

As I've just come across this issue and having read the thread, it seems to me that this is somewhat of a mis-leading issue by NowTV at the least (some might even call it fraud!!) and has been for quite a long time??

In my mind the app on YouView should just simply be called Sky Movies and that would take any ambivalence away and people wouldn't be expecting to be able to actually access all the NowTV content, as would be expected from the name of the app!!

But then again, when have we been able to expect to get something without having to read very small terms and conditions and go onto secondary or even tertiary pages or even sites, to actually find out that what we're buying is really what we're paying for!

Well rant over, I am usually someone who researches quite deeply into things before parting with my hard earned, but didn't in this case and so more fool me.

Occasional Poster

Re: Now TV Entertainment Pass not available on You View

This is SO frustrating. I just signed up as well, so I can binge watch greys anatomy whilst working on my computer. Except now I can't. So not only am I annoyed and will be cancelling as it's pointless, I'm gutted because I was really looking forward to it.

It is not very clear at all. It says it works on youview, doesn't say it HALF works. Very disappointed.

Champion 4

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forum @Avaz,

Perhaps the following 'Help Centre' article may be of use to you: What devices can I use to watch NOW TV?

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.26.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

Occasional Poster

Well I know now lol, would be nice for it to show up somewhere when you sign up, especially when you specifically go to nowtv.com/youview as suggested by your tv.... Never mind

Occasional Poster

Yup..I just got suckered in by NowTV/YouView. Got an email from NowTV enticing me to view Trip to Spain...no deal on YouView.

Ergo Cancel.....bye bye NowTv.

By the way, your films are naff

Occasional Poster

Just put your NOW TV box back where it was - directly plugged into your TV with 'splitter plug' (couple of quid on eBay, with two sockets - one for BT Youview Box lead and one for the NOW TV box lead- ).... 

I just got BT internet (ditched Sky) and I thought it made my NOW box redundant - it does NOT.  I was devastated to see how limited my NOW subscription was via BT Youview, SO, I just done what I done with Sky - plugged the NOW TV box into the back of my TV using a splitter connection as before with Sky. I tuned it into my new BT WiFi and it works exactly the same with all my Apps (You Tube), films and the entertainment package etc. I upgraded my NOW TV to Enteretainment package to make up for the loss of Sky Atlantis (Game of Thrones - ALL series).  So, forget YouView and just put your NOW TV box back in its normal place beside the telly just exactly as it was before BT.  Cheers.

First Poster

The only reason I signed up to NowTV was for the entertainment package. Cancelling now!