cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot view Now TV Entertainment on YouView? (Humax DTR-T2000)

Hi,

I just signed up to Now TV Entertainment and have a YouView DTR-T2000.

However, the On Demand App only offers Movies (much like the Sky Store app alongside it) - but not the contents of the Entertainment package.

I've left it for a day to see if it's an account clearance thing - but no joy.

I understand streaming of live channels doesn't work, but what about the 250 box sets I've signed up for?

What is going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately YouView only supports the on-demand movies on Movies Pass, you can't watch the Entertainment or Sports pass on it.

Have a look at the following list of supported devices as you might have something else in your house that you can use instead, eg games console, Chromecast or Apple TV.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

View solution in original post

141 REPLIES 141
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Imagine having it so you can get the entertainment pass on your talk talk box. ....If they let us do that then how can you pay! !
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah. ... consumer act. Sale and service of goods action. Fit for purpose section. Clearly a strategy. Get the pack and b amazed at the movies. Why let you get itv encore and discovery etc when you can easily pay them instead. Creating a monopoly is against the law talk talk !!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

As I've just come across this issue and having read the thread, it seems to me that this is somewhat of a mis-leading issue by NowTV at the least (some might even call it fraud!!) and has been for quite a long time??

In my mind the app on YouView should just simply be called Sky Movies and that would take any ambivalence away and people wouldn't be expecting to be able to actually access all the NowTV content, as would be expected from the name of the app!!

But then again, when have we been able to expect to get something without having to read very small terms and conditions and go onto secondary or even tertiary pages or even sites, to actually find out that what we're buying is really what we're paying for!

Well rant over, I am usually someone who researches quite deeply into things before parting with my hard earned, but didn't in this case and so more fool me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The only reason I signed up to NowTV was for the entertainment package. Cancelling now!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Indeed, it's most disappointing that BT/YouView don't permit access to NOW TV's Entertainment, Sports or Kids services.

Their priority is for owners of their boxes to purchase their subscription services!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought a six month movie and entertainment pass just this week and now find the three Samsung TV's in my house are too old to run the serive, my YouView Box does not work either as the NowTV app does not work, now having to borrow my son's PS4 to try and make it all work efficiently. I can see me viewing on my laptop which is not that appealing.

I would say the general advertising is very misleading indeed (perhaps I should have been wise enough not to fall for it) and to not place a big warning not on the front page about the huge number of devices that DO NOT work is bordering on fraudulent. I hope I am proved wrong but for now the old adage of 'if it looks to good to be true it probably is' is apt and appropriate.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Perhaps the following 'Help Centre' article may be of use to you: What devices can I use to watch NOW TV?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm in the same boat....I only have a Youview box and not a fan of movies so had to cancel.I so wanted the box sets 😭
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I only use my youview for netflix....just wanted a change but looks like I'm staying with netflix
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Have a look at the following list of supported devices as you might find you already have something that you can watch entertainment on. If not, a NOW TV box is probably your cheapest option.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

If you do have another compatible device such as a games console, Roku, Chromecast etc that you want to set up, you can find more details here

http://help.nowtv.com/article/How-to-Get-NOW-TV-on-your-device