cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

very slow download speeds vs upload speed

so we have been using NowTv Super Fibre only package (60.9-74.2 Mbps, guaranteed 54.5Mbps) for a while and it was good, but recently were having some strange issues, which i cant make sense of at this point

so, slowly the speeds have been dropping, on both WiFi and Ethernet direct connection

however always the upload speeds are faster, upload speeds have actually been pretty consistent around 14/19Mbps

download speeds are all over the place, with nothing else connected we see 0.5Mbps to 7Mbps (according to a few online speed checkers, this also confirms with webpages randomly not loading even in a browser, not to mention downloading files or games capping around2MB/s when before we were getting solid download speeds 3 to 4 times higher?

oddly 4 out of 5 tests will show a bad download speed, randomly we will get a solid test result @ 19Mbps download and 19.6Mbps upload for example, but then quickly it goes back down

the technical help in now tv is not very helpful, it just says we are getting 19Mbps download, further still i check the log in the router and it also confirms its seeing 19Mbps roughly up and down?

not overly sure if this box is just fried somehow or if were doing something silly, fully turned off and unplugged the unit for 40 minutes and also did a factory reset, checked the wires and still the same issue

any ideas or help would be very appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

All I can recommend is to check the status of your line and do the other standard troubleshooting. Both of which can be found in the below link.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

If that still fails call the broadband team in the morning. See link for number.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

All I can recommend is to check the status of your line and do the other standard troubleshooting. Both of which can be found in the below link.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

If that still fails call the broadband team in the morning. See link for number.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Just to add it could be a fault somewhere on the line as far back as the cabinet. So I’d ask for full investigation from OpenReach.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks for the number! was struggling to find that. can we do that through NowTv or would they not get involved?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You call NOW and they arrange an engineer from OpenReach. Basically NOW are just the middle man.

redchiz1
Champion 2

You should, in fact have to do this via your ISP i.e. NOW, Openreach do not deal with individual customer issues directly. 

Jayach
Elite 3

@Anonymous User wrote:

so we have been using NowTv Super Fibre only package (60.9-74.2 Mbps, guaranteed 54.5Mbps) for a while and it was good, but recently were having some strange issues, which i cant make sense of at this point

the technical help in now tv is not very helpful, it just says we are getting 19Mbps download, further still i check the log in the router and it also confirms its seeing 19Mbps roughly up and down?

But that is still way below your guaranteed speed, they have to do something about it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thought we were going mad for a bit, having them confirm its 19Mbps when it should be higher is quite annoying, they did struggle to setup the line outside our house to begin with, maybe its that, will definitely ring them now i have the number and see what can be done, thanks for all the replies you've been really helpful!