cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

minimum speed ?

Hi all so i have now tv brodband for more than 3 years now and my guaranteed min speed is 71 mg/s, but i only get 61/65(line check by Now staff). So on the now tv brodband super fibre offer average speed is 63 mg/s and this is what i get it was more before . The question  is did they changed my terms without me knowing ? Thanks .

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I might be wrong but i thought NOW Super Fibre was always around the 63Mbps average down speed mark.

I have been on NOW Fab Fibre for the same time (3 years) and my average & minimum guarantee down speed hasn't changed for me.

Can you go into your email archives and search for NOWTV to see what speeds you was quoted  when you joined NOW and the confirmation email each time you renewed the NOW Super Fibre service every twelve months to see over the 3 years period if NoW have been lowering your speeds ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What could be confusing the matter is that ISP's  going back a year or two was quoting maximum down speed (where i think NOW Super Fibre was around 76Mbps again might be wrong with the figure) and OFCOM got involved and ISP's had to change the speeds advertised from max speed to average speed to make things more clearer for customers.

Here's an old NoW advert based on max speed rather than average down speed.

Now-TV-Broadband-Price-UK-1227730.jpg

See if you can track down the emails in question sent by NOW which should have the speed figures on them to see if your speeds have been reduced.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes it was,the problem is they did not changed in my account it is still say I have slow connection and it is problem in my setup . After I chat with them it looks like they do not know about it to and try send engineer over . 😄