cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emzy
Advocate

Slow broadband

Hi am hoping someone can help ..im on the fab fibre mthly 36 speed since 28/03/24

so well over the 10 days

but internet is all over the place..and so slowww!!

i end up having to use my phone data coz it either doesn't connect or take multiple tries to get page to load

i only have 1 device on and its in the same room with the hub

my firestick doesnt stay connected and my ipad that i generally use just for FT keep getting unstable network on calls ..so end up having to end calls

i can not change the bands coz i do not have a computer to do it on

all my device are in the same room as my hub and not on all together

and the test the line is fine aparently 

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@Emzy 

Run fast.com and see what speed you are getting. If it is less than what Now Broadband promised you, give them a call.

You say you only have one device on, but then you mention Firestick and iPad, which is two? But you certainly ought to be able to run two devices, anyway.

The Now router is known to have limited WiFi range, but it ought to be able to cover at least the room it is in, unless you have installed it behind a fishtank.

Be thankful though, that you can’t split the bands; the circumstances in which this produces any benefits at all are rather obscure, and problematic to achieve and maintain, and in any case, such benefits are unimaginably slight.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Emzy
Advocate

@RoyB i have firestick but i only plug in when im using becoz it never holds the connection to the router..the speeds are coming up correct but im still not getting pages up without having to click multiple times and wait for ever.emails content dont always show..im forever having to refresh 

thx 

RoyB
Legend

@Emzy 

From what you are describing, I’d say you have a faulty Now Hub, or at least a sick one. 

If rebooting it doesn’t clear the issues, contact Now Broadband to discuss replacing it.

From what I am gleaning from other postings, it seems that if you ring Now Broadband, they test your line and if it tests OK, they hang up on you, or at least they won’t let you speak to anybody.

Is that happening to you? If so, that is abominably bad practice 😢

I have suggested to someone else that they try switching the router off and then calling Now Broadband, but I don’t know if that gets round it or not.

Here are some numbers you can try; maybe one or more of them will bypass any line test.

Call 150 free from a Now landline, or take your pick of:-

0800 759 1213, 0330 041 2518, 0330 041 2462, 0330 332 3050, 0330 041 2473, 0333 759 4816

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.