cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KP1

My hub box internet dosent work but i have an extender and the internet works fine on that

my hub has all 3 lights on and used to work fine, i got an extender to reach to my room but now when i try and connect to the internet via the main wifi it dosent work (says no internet available) and will only work via the extender wifi, which works fine allbeit a bit slow. 

When I remove the extender and it still dosent work, so there is internet available for the extender but not directly through the main wifi box? 

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@KP1 

Have you tried a factory reset to the router?
https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@KP1 

An extender, if you are using the correct term for what you have, connects to your router by WiFi. So you have a situation where your extender works over WiFi, but your ??? (you don’t say what you are trying to connect from, which may have a bearing here) doesn’t.

But maybe you don’t mean extender, you mean power line adapters, which go over the mains?

But either way, try @gavs82008‘s advice and report back. I’ve had a router where everything was connecting except for one pesky device, and the device was fine, and a router reboot cured the logjam, or whatever it was.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.