cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wifi not reaching whole house

Just joined NOW Broadband.  Router set up in lounge and working from home right next to router. However signal is quite poor and can't get anything in upstairs bedrooms.  So it impacts on smart tv's also.  Done the tests and it says 'all good' but it isn't an acceptable level of cover for the rest of the house.  Should I buy a wifi booster or extender?  What's the best thing to do?  I do intend to move my work place into my garage so I am expecting additional issues.  Any suggestions appreciated however I do ask simple terms as I am not very IT savvy.  Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

From experience with seeing multiple threads about the Wi-Fi coverage with the NOW router I’ve seen that it’s not particularly good. Most people have ended up purchasing a Wi-Fi booster/extender.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

From experience with seeing multiple threads about the Wi-Fi coverage with the NOW router I’ve seen that it’s not particularly good. Most people have ended up purchasing a Wi-Fi booster/extender.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Really. Ok then I will look into that solution. Do you recommend booster or extender? Thanks very much for your assistance.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 
Sorry bud I’m with BT for broadband and got full fibre 250mb with their Wi-Fi extender so can’t be much help with third party devices. From what I’ve seen @Jayach  and @chilli2 provide sound advice on the broadband with NOW.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Appreciate your help.

chilli2
Elite 2

Personally i would avoid wifi boosters and go for either a homeplug set up with wifi, a third party router, or a mesh system.

Search this forum for own router.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you. Great help. 

Jayach
Elite 3

Get a mesh system.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you

Sarahmc
Advocate

What is mesh system, link please &how do install.
BT has a disk for bedrooms upstairs they work great dose Now have this product available