cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrea6
Advocate

Looks like there’s an outage with broadband?

Internet is down and router has 2 green lights and the middle one orange. On the website says “Full exchange outage”. I Called and they said 3-5 days to fix it. Shocking! Hope this is sorted out in a few hours. Anyone else affected?

5 REPLIES 5
Andrea6
Advocate

My area is G33 - Glasgow - This is the message when I run technical check: INC3552037 - Full Exchange Outage - wsshe Reported on: 10 Dec 2023, 06:52am

Alex

Same here! G32 and the same shows up. What 3-5 days. They need to fix it today and if it takes 3-5 days they must compensate us.

Billy

If it’s going to take 3-5days then I will change provider, it will be quicker to get back up and running. I bet if it was an outage elsewhere, it would already be sorted.

Taz13
Advocate

I'm g33 and saying same. I work from home and really hoping it's sorted ASAP!

3-5 days is ludicrous. 

RoyB
Legend

@Andrea6 

Well found.

@Alex 

As long as you call Now Broadband and register the issue, to start the compensation clock ticking, if it goes over their allowed time to fix it, yes.

@Billy 

If, as reported, it’s a whole exchange out, and not just the Sky equipment within it, then every ISP who uses Openreach will be likewise affected.

@Taz13 

Anyone who works from home should not rely on Now Broadband alone. Make sure you have a mobile plan that will tide you over without breaking the bank, and will let you run a mobile hotspot. Otherwise (shudder) you will have to go into the office 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.