cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JC2

WiFi issues

Hi 

I have had Nowtv broadband for 2 years but recently the WiFi connection is awful. 4 people live and wfh in the property, we have 2 extensions one downstairs and another upstairs but the WiFi continues to drop out of the tv, phones and when on calls. As we work from home we cannot have this and we would like to understand why this continues to happen. 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Jayach
Elite 3

With that many people WFH, I think it be worth getting a decent router or possibly even a mesh.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@JC2 

The NOW router is well known to be very poor for its Wi-Fi. As @Jayach said and I echo getting your own router instead.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@JC2 

Now is domestic broadband.

WFH over Now broadband is like getting a Ford Fiesta instead of a Ford Transit.

Four people WFH over Now broadband is like getting a Ford Fiesta instead of four Transits 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

Whilst I don't completely agree with @RoyB, Now broadband is the "bargain basement" of broadband suppliers.

In the right circumstances it should be fine, but to expect it to be able to support multiple WFH users, using the supplier router, is asking too much.

Get a decent router and it should be as good as any connection can be, allowing for the fact it is FTTC. (Fibre to the Cabinet)

As they say, "you get what you pay for".

RoyB
Legend

@Jayach @JC2 

Analogies are treacherous 😛

Nevertheless, equating broadband suppliers with cars, and considering breakdowns:-

BT, and some other ISPs - courtesy car

Midrange ISPs - up to two days off the road in the garage

Now, and some other ISPs - up to three days off the road in the garage

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.