cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LM
Mentor

Router rebooting at random times

It seems like the line connecting my router to the internet reboots at random times, causing a loss of connection for a few minutes at a time. This happens with the Now router & a third party one.

I recently had an engineer come out to investigate the issue and was ultimately told everything was fine, but there's seemingly some sort of "protection" in place that causes the line to refresh of sorts as a precaution when you visit certain sites or use specific apps; it supposedly is in place for BT customers as well.

This is the first time I've heard of such a thing, so I was wondering if that is indeed true, and if so, is there any workaround?

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
redchiz1
Champion 2

Check in My Account for your Broadband Buddy settings. If changes to that don't fix things then you should call the broadband support team on b0330 332 3050.

LM
Mentor

I already have it turned turned off.

Thanks for the number.

Jayach
Elite 3

@LM wrote:

but there's seemingly some sort of "protection" in place that causes the line to refresh of sorts as a precaution when you visit certain sites or use specific apps; it supposedly is in place for BT customers as well.

This is the first time I've heard of such a thing, so I was wondering if that is indeed true, 

Sounds like BS to me.

LM
Mentor

I was thinking the same thing when he told me that, and he even doubled down on it when I questioned it with "BT also does the same thing".

LM
Mentor

The same thing has happened three times over the past two days, so I'd be grateful if there was anyone in the know who could confirm or deny what I was told before escalating the issue.

Jayach
Elite 3

I can categorically state there is no such thing. I think the "engineer" was thinking about content controls (such as Now's broadband buddy) but had no idea it is a software solution, and will definately not cause your line to resync.

LM
Mentor

I'm just baffled as to why he brought up BT as well.

Engineers like this make matters worse for everyone.