cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOPHIE2

MY BROADBAND DOE IS SUPER SLOW!

Would really prefer if someone from NOW was available for a chat to sort this out, but clearly that's like requesting gold egg from a chicken.

I'm supposed to get a minimum of 66.6mps. for the past 3 weeks, I've sat on a very unhealthy, on a good day 32mps. I log in to my now account that doesn't allow me to even see my past bills because it keeps telling me i have a NowTV account... i have never had a NowTV Account nor have i ever been subscribed to any of Now's services other than this broadband. I go to 'technical' for it to check my line... it checks my NowTV and tells me my NowTV connection is fine... the NowTV I do not have... I go to the chat section and im greeted by a bot or even better i go to the help section and i'm sent in circles, and given basic instructions like... turn the box off and on. I've turned it off and on so much you would think its carnival and guess what... it changes nothing!

I work from home, i'll be on a zoom and my internet would just be cutting in and out... With me sitting right next to the box.

This is ridiculous and I cannot take it no more, it has been consistent since i joined, but this right here for 4 weeks straight is what's sent me over the edge... ooh and to cancel, you have to call, for them to put you through to sales, for them to offer me... you guessed it... NowTV!

I need someone to tell me why i am, and have been paying for a service which i am not getting. why you wont cancel my contract so i can go to another provider because clearly you cannot do what you've promised to do. I'm over this and I'm on my last warning at work!!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Jayach
Elite 3

If you wish to talk to someone at Now, use the number in this link:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

The guaranteed download speed is actually for the connection speed, known as the sync or access  line speed. See this link for how to check that.

Broadband download and upload speeds explained (nowtv.com)

It sounds like your problem may be due to poor Wi-Fi, something the Now router is notorious for.

If you are sitting right next to the box, would it be possible to use a wired connection instead. (I'm assuming you are using a laptop/PC)

If it is the Wi-Fi at fault, really the only solution would be to get a better router or add an access point.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SOPHIE2 

You never get any broadband support staff on this forum. You must contact the team yourself. Use the method provided by @Jayach to get in touch.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@SOPHIE2 

Let me get this straight - your job is in jeopardy as a result of your unreliable broadband?

Or is there more to it?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.