cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gill
Occasional Poster

Re: What is new with the NOW TV Hub Two?

Hi thank you for that I was told on phone call that I would be able to view nowtv on my tv even though I told guy on fone I dont have laptop or other devices told him I've never had house internet just fone internet he said it would be easy to sort hmmmm not sure bout this now think I've been duped a bit or that's how I feel    but thank you for answering me

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Gill 

Out of curiosity what is the make and model of your television ?

If it's either an LG or Samsung Smart Television then there is a good chance that the television will have the native NowTV App on it.

Have you got any other device connected to your television such has an Youview box for example ?

The only way to use the NowTV App off your smartphone to watch on your television would be plugging in a Chromecast to the television which would involve an extra cost purchasing the Chromecast dongle and it might be to complicated for you to use if you are not Technically minded.

Personally i would look at a NowTV Stick (assuming your television has a HDMI port on it) where you can pick up the Stick from places like Currys, Argos, local Supermarket etc for around £15 to £20. 

Gill
Occasional Poster

Thank you...my tv is Sony rm ed049 I do have hdmi ports I have added nowtv to my fone ..

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Gill 

Did you take that model number from the television remote controller ?

I am not familiar with Sony model numbers, but did a quick Google search and it seems the number quoted is a Sony remote controller model number and not the television model number (might be wrong).

Anyway bad news Sony televisions don't have the NowTV inbuilt App currently on them.

If you have a newer Sony Android Smart Television then it might be possible to use the Google Cast App on the television with your Samsung smartphone when using the NowTV App on your phone (not one hundred percent sure if this is possible perhaps a Sony Android Smart TV owner can confirm either way).

Otherwise i would consider the NowTV stick and plug it into the HDMI port on your television.

If you think the NowTV Sales Person has mislead you, then you will need to contact NowTV to see if they will offer you a free Stick or some sort of compensation has a goodwill gesture.

0 Thanks
Jnyis
Observer

Hope you can answer - I have a now tv hub two and an older Apple AirPort Extreme a1143, which is the better router in you opinion? Cheers j

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Jnyis 

I haven't got a clue to be honest, but i did find this on the internet.

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/question/answers/readonly/can-the-airport-extreme-base-station-replace... 

Perhaps type in your internet Browser search engine "Apple Airport Extreme with Sky Broadband" where the NowTV Hub 2 is a clone of the Sky Q Hub Router.

Should you get any success and you need to do a technical health check on the NowTV line or need to contact the NowTV Broadband Team then make sure that you are using the NowTV Hub Router where NowTV may not help you when using third party hardware when using their service.

0 Thanks
Jnyis
Observer

Thanks for this much appreciated 

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Jnyis 

Found this has well, where Google is your friend.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/airport-extreme-and-sky-fibre-sr101-router.1819797/ 

The Sky Router discussed in the above link is the older model and not sure if this makes any difference when using the newer NowTV Hub 2 Router.

0 Thanks
BrianH
Mentor

I'm thinking of switching from my TalkTalk fibre, but I wish the Now Broadband hub had four LAN ports.

This would be a pain as four ports are in use on my TT router.

Don't really want to cram in an Ethernet Switch.

hosay299
Scholar

@BrianH Hi i am currently with tt have u snice ur post in feb moved over to them??

do u still need help with ur ethernet port issue??

0 Thanks